Several 3-year-old colts will try to break through in the $150,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIT) Dec. 26 at Santa Anita Park, opening day at the Arcadia, Calif. track.
Under a heady ride from Mike Smith, Mr. Commons split horses in the stretch and drew off to a convincing 3 1/4-length victory in the $150,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Dec. 26 opening day card at Santa Anita.
Sidney's Candy, the favorite for the $150,000 San Fernando (gr. II) Jan. 15 at Santa Anita, has been scratched.
Monterey Jazz hit all the right notes on Dec. 26, opening day at Santa Anita Park, by going nearly gate to wire to win the $122,100 Sir Beaufort (gr. IIIT) in his stakes debut.
- By Jason Shandler
- News, Racing, Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region
The 3-year-old Smart Strike colt will look to give Todd Pletcher a record-tying victory Dec. 26 on opening day at Santa Anita Park.
Latent Heat posted a mild upset Tuesday in the grade I Malibu Stakes as the opening-day card at Santa Anita drew 32,931.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired
- OBS Yearling Sale Stays Steady on Final Day
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Travers Stakes: High Anxiety
- Violette Undecided on Travers for Upstart
- Making a Case for Transparency
- Illinois Vote Could Impact Thoroughbred Dates
- Keeneland Plans for Sale Activity During BC
- Stellar Wind Tops Torrey Pines Field