The protracted dispute over the ownership of stallion Rock Of Gibraltar between John Magnier, who heads one of the world's most powerful bloodstock empires in Coolmore, and Manchester United soccer manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been settled.
John Magnier of Coolmore Stud and Sir Alex Ferguson shared uncommon enjoyment together when Rock of Gibraltar was winning group I races one after another, but now the relation has taken a down turn over the champion racehorse's stallion career.
Rock of Gibraltar is unlikely to run in the $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), according to the race manager of the colt's joint owner.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- BC, NBC Extend Media Rights Deal 10 Years
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup
- Jury Fails to Reach Verdict in Mare Case
- Zenyatta: Champion Mother
- American Pharoah Out of BC Juvenile
- Hopes of Calderon, Peru with Valiant Emilia