The protracted dispute over the ownership of stallion Rock Of Gibraltar between John Magnier, who heads one of the world's most powerful bloodstock empires in Coolmore, and Manchester United soccer manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been settled.
John Magnier of Coolmore Stud and Sir Alex Ferguson shared uncommon enjoyment together when Rock of Gibraltar was winning group I races one after another, but now the relation has taken a down turn over the champion racehorse's stallion career.
Rock of Gibraltar is unlikely to run in the $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), according to the race manager of the colt's joint owner.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Still Healing in Northwest
- American Pharoah Takes Haskell With Ease
- 'Pharoah' Heads Home, Next Race Undecided
- Haskin: Bronwen Healy's American Adventure
- Upstart Fine After Haskell; Travers Next
- Injured Jockey Luzzi Cleared to Resume Riding
- World Approval, Night Prowler Seeking 'Fame'
- Lea Tunes Up for Whitney in Workout
- Records Fall on Haskell Day at Monmouth Park
- Flashy American, Willow Hills in Groupie Doll