The protracted dispute over the ownership of stallion Rock Of Gibraltar between John Magnier, who heads one of the world's most powerful bloodstock empires in Coolmore, and Manchester United soccer manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been settled.
John Magnier of Coolmore Stud and Sir Alex Ferguson shared uncommon enjoyment together when Rock of Gibraltar was winning group I races one after another, but now the relation has taken a down turn over the champion racehorse's stallion career.
Rock of Gibraltar is unlikely to run in the $4 million Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), according to the race manager of the colt's joint owner.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star