Hollywood Story returns as the "house horse" Saturday when carrying high weight of 121 pounds in the $200,000-added Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park.
Santa Candida, a group I winner in Argentina, will make her California debut in the $200,000-added Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares Saturday at Hollywood Park, trainer A.C. Avila confirmed Wednesday from his Santa Anita base.
Hollywood Story nearly went down after clipping heels heading into the clubhouse turn in Saturday's $100,000 Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park. But the John Shirreffs-trained filly not only kept her feet, she and jockey Victor Espinoza went on to win the 1 1/6-mile test for fillies and mares.
Hollywood Story, whose greatest success has come at Hollywood Park, returns to her favorite racetrack on Saturday when she heads a field of seven in the $100,000 Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017