Hollywood Story returns as the "house horse" Saturday when carrying high weight of 121 pounds in the $200,000-added Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares at Hollywood Park.
Santa Candida, a group I winner in Argentina, will make her California debut in the $200,000-added Milady Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) for fillies and mares Saturday at Hollywood Park, trainer A.C. Avila confirmed Wednesday from his Santa Anita base.
Hollywood Story nearly went down after clipping heels heading into the clubhouse turn in Saturday's $100,000 Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III) at Hollywood Park. But the John Shirreffs-trained filly not only kept her feet, she and jockey Victor Espinoza went on to win the 1 1/6-mile test for fillies and mares.
Hollywood Story, whose greatest success has come at Hollywood Park, returns to her favorite racetrack on Saturday when she heads a field of seven in the $100,000 Hawthorne Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course