Former Florida sire Hunters Bay will be introduced to Ontario breeders during an Adena Springs North open house being held Oct. 8 from noon to 3 p.m. EDT.
The was business as usual June 8 at Ocala Training Center for consignors of 2-year-olds in training hopeful of selling the next big horse and prospective buyers in search of racing's next generation of stakes stars.
Milwaukee Brew, poised to capture his second title as Canada's champion sire, will remain at $7,500 (all stallion fees are Canadian dollars, stands and nurses). His eight 2014 stakes winners are the most in Canada since 2001.
Kaptain Kujo became the first winner for freshman sire Singing Saint when he won a 4 1/2-furlong maiden special weight race June 15 at Prairie Meadows.
Frank Stronach has added considerable strength to his Canadian stallion roster. Headlining the group is English champion North Light, the only Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner standing in North America.
Frank Stronach plans to close his Adena Springs South stallion operation near Williston, Fla., and relocate some of the stallions to either Adena Springs near Paris, Ky., or Gardiner Farms near Caledon East, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat