Former Florida sire Hunters Bay will be introduced to Ontario breeders during an Adena Springs North open house being held Oct. 8 from noon to 3 p.m. EDT.
The was business as usual June 8 at Ocala Training Center for consignors of 2-year-olds in training hopeful of selling the next big horse and prospective buyers in search of racing's next generation of stakes stars.
Milwaukee Brew, poised to capture his second title as Canada's champion sire, will remain at $7,500 (all stallion fees are Canadian dollars, stands and nurses). His eight 2014 stakes winners are the most in Canada since 2001.
Kaptain Kujo became the first winner for freshman sire Singing Saint when he won a 4 1/2-furlong maiden special weight race June 15 at Prairie Meadows.
Frank Stronach has added considerable strength to his Canadian stallion roster. Headlining the group is English champion North Light, the only Epsom Derby (Eng-I) winner standing in North America.
Frank Stronach plans to close his Adena Springs South stallion operation near Williston, Fla., and relocate some of the stallions to either Adena Springs near Paris, Ky., or Gardiner Farms near Caledon East, Ontario, Canada.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner