The Breeders' Cup is over, but there's still plenty of excitement in the Thoroughbred industry with Central Kentucky's breeding stock sales taking over the spotlight.
The gutty gelding Designed for Luck, who returned to competition last year after missing nearly 17 months with a fractured left rear hock, capped his improbable comeback with the first grade I stakes victory of his career in Monday's $456,000 Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief Confirmed Off KY Derby Trail
- Social Inclusion On Derby Path After Big Win
- McGaughey Encouraged by Honor Code's Effort
- Rosario Rides General a Rod in Florida Derby
- 'Mandate' Should Be Strong in Rebel Stakes
- Woodbine Announces 2014 Stakes Schedule
- Game On Dude Heads World's Best Racehorses
- Effort to Resolve Virginia Dates Fails Again
- Run the Bluegrass Race Honors Zenyatta
- Jockey Von Rosen Suffers Serious Injury