The Breeders' Cup is over, but there's still plenty of excitement in the Thoroughbred industry with Central Kentucky's breeding stock sales taking over the spotlight.
The gutty gelding Designed for Luck, who returned to competition last year after missing nearly 17 months with a fractured left rear hock, capped his improbable comeback with the first grade I stakes victory of his career in Monday's $456,000 Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Easter Filly for Horse of the Year Zenyatta
- Trainer Jones Continues to Recover From Fall
- After the Wire: Top 5 Derby Prep Races
- Champion Filly Beholder Coasts in 2014 Debut
- Santa Anita Winter Meet Handle Up 4%
- Dude! Imperative Shocks Charles Town Classic
- Cairo Prince Injured, Out of Kentucky Derby
- Wildcat Red, With Saez, Works at Gulfstream
- Bejarano Takes Santa Anita Jockey Title
- Featured Horse Profile: Frac Daddy