The Breeders' Cup is over, but there's still plenty of excitement in the Thoroughbred industry with Central Kentucky's breeding stock sales taking over the spotlight.
The gutty gelding Designed for Luck, who returned to competition last year after missing nearly 17 months with a fractured left rear hock, capped his improbable comeback with the first grade I stakes victory of his career in Monday's $456,000 Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Bolo Thrives in Return to Turf at Santa Anita
- Son Wins 'Lopez Battle' at Golden Gate Fields
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- American Pharoah Schools, Back to Galloping
- Materiality, Frosted Drill Toward Belmont
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- New Bay, Karaktar Among 14 for French Derby
- Wonder Again Next Step for Unbeaten Lady Eli
- The Truth Or Else Joins Belmont Stakes Mix