The Breeders' Cup is over, but there's still plenty of excitement in the Thoroughbred industry with Central Kentucky's breeding stock sales taking over the spotlight.
The gutty gelding Designed for Luck, who returned to competition last year after missing nearly 17 months with a fractured left rear hock, capped his improbable comeback with the first grade I stakes victory of his career in Monday's $456,000 Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin to Hill 'n' Dale in 2016
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- USADA Contributes to Steroid Crackdown
- Del Mar Debutante Field Talented and Diverse
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac