The Breeders' Cup is over, but there's still plenty of excitement in the Thoroughbred industry with Central Kentucky's breeding stock sales taking over the spotlight.
The gutty gelding Designed for Luck, who returned to competition last year after missing nearly 17 months with a fractured left rear hock, capped his improbable comeback with the first grade I stakes victory of his career in Monday's $456,000 Shoemaker Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Hollywood Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Meadowlands Cancels Friday card
- Stevens Says He'll Ride in Breeders' Cup
- Distorted Humor Tops WinStar Stallion Fees
- TimeformUS Weekend Plays: The G2 Lafayette
- Will Take Charge to Stand for $30,000
- Ashford Execs Testify in Love Me Only Trial
- Pletcher Pair Heads Turnback the Alarm
- Bel's Starlet, 27, Dies at Our Mims
- Mott's BC Fillies are Close to His Heart
- FTBOA Names New Executive Committee, Board