Charming Ruckus saved her best for last, as the 3-year-old daughter of Silver Charm captured her first added-money race in late-running fashion Sunday in the $169,250 Jammed Lovely Stakes at windy Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm and its homebred Soaring Free took home top honors when the Sovereign Awards were presented by The Jockey Club of Canada at the annual awards dinner Friday night in Ontario.
Six stakes races, all featuring recent graduates of Woodbine's local yearling auction, were in the spotlight at the Toronto track Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby