Charming Ruckus saved her best for last, as the 3-year-old daughter of Silver Charm captured her first added-money race in late-running fashion Sunday in the $169,250 Jammed Lovely Stakes at windy Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm and its homebred Soaring Free took home top honors when the Sovereign Awards were presented by The Jockey Club of Canada at the annual awards dinner Friday night in Ontario.
Six stakes races, all featuring recent graduates of Woodbine's local yearling auction, were in the spotlight at the Toronto track Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Queen's Horse Tests Positive for Morphine
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Tonalist Begins Push For Eclipse Award
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- NY Tracks Awarded Extended VLT Hours
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- Haskin: No More 'What Ifs' With Wise Dan
- A Timeline For Synthetic Racing Surfaces
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- NY Legislature Extends 2% Share for Horsemen