Charming Ruckus saved her best for last, as the 3-year-old daughter of Silver Charm captured her first added-money race in late-running fashion Sunday in the $169,250 Jammed Lovely Stakes at windy Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm and its homebred Soaring Free took home top honors when the Sovereign Awards were presented by The Jockey Club of Canada at the annual awards dinner Friday night in Ontario.
Six stakes races, all featuring recent graduates of Woodbine's local yearling auction, were in the spotlight at the Toronto track Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Laoban Works Toward Preakness ... or Derby
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Preparations Continue for Oaks Hopefuls
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- Team Pharoah to Receive Preakness Merit Award