Charming Ruckus saved her best for last, as the 3-year-old daughter of Silver Charm captured her first added-money race in late-running fashion Sunday in the $169,250 Jammed Lovely Stakes at windy Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm and its homebred Soaring Free took home top honors when the Sovereign Awards were presented by The Jockey Club of Canada at the annual awards dinner Friday night in Ontario.
Six stakes races, all featuring recent graduates of Woodbine's local yearling auction, were in the spotlight at the Toronto track Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Jones Among Five for 2016 Texas HOF Class