Charming Ruckus saved her best for last, as the 3-year-old daughter of Silver Charm captured her first added-money race in late-running fashion Sunday in the $169,250 Jammed Lovely Stakes at windy Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm and its homebred Soaring Free took home top honors when the Sovereign Awards were presented by The Jockey Club of Canada at the annual awards dinner Friday night in Ontario.
Six stakes races, all featuring recent graduates of Woodbine's local yearling auction, were in the spotlight at the Toronto track Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives
- TCA Title Sponsor of Thoroughbred Makeover
- Wood, Breeder of Favorite Trick, Dies at 81
- Inside the July 11, 2015 Issue
- Breeders' Cup Selects Board of Directors
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Klein Awarded TRA Journalism Scholarship