MI Developments reported a steeper third-quarter loss Nov. 9, despite a 31% jump in revenue, hampered partly by weakness in its horse racing and gambling unit, Magna Entertainment.
Losses sustained during 2004 and the fourth quarter by racetrack operator Magna Entertainment had a negative impact on the financial results for MI Developments during the same periods.
Magna Entertainment and MI Developments chairman Frank Stronach Monday commented on recent developments at the companies, which included the resignation of Brian Tobin as CEO of MID.
Most Popular Stories
- EVA Vaccines: What You Need to Know
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Red Pollard Seabiscuit Saddle to be Auctioned
- Tax Break on Racehorses Passes Congress
- Untapable, Tapiture Settle in at Fair Grounds
- New York Panel Announces Winning Casino Bids
- New Management for 2015 at Rillito Park
- NYTHA Has Plan to Deal With Election Protest
- New Rules Lead to Spike in Indiana Positives