MI Developments reported a steeper third-quarter loss Nov. 9, despite a 31% jump in revenue, hampered partly by weakness in its horse racing and gambling unit, Magna Entertainment.
Losses sustained during 2004 and the fourth quarter by racetrack operator Magna Entertainment had a negative impact on the financial results for MI Developments during the same periods.
Magna Entertainment and MI Developments chairman Frank Stronach Monday commented on recent developments at the companies, which included the resignation of Brian Tobin as CEO of MID.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Daring Kathy Takes My Charmer Wire to Wire