MI Developments reported a steeper third-quarter loss Nov. 9, despite a 31% jump in revenue, hampered partly by weakness in its horse racing and gambling unit, Magna Entertainment.
Losses sustained during 2004 and the fourth quarter by racetrack operator Magna Entertainment had a negative impact on the financial results for MI Developments during the same periods.
Magna Entertainment and MI Developments chairman Frank Stronach Monday commented on recent developments at the companies, which included the resignation of Brian Tobin as CEO of MID.
Most Popular Stories
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win
- Munirah Arrives Late for Boiling Springs Win
- Haskin: A Day in the Life of Wise Dan