MI Developments reported a steeper third-quarter loss Nov. 9, despite a 31% jump in revenue, hampered partly by weakness in its horse racing and gambling unit, Magna Entertainment.
Losses sustained during 2004 and the fourth quarter by racetrack operator Magna Entertainment had a negative impact on the financial results for MI Developments during the same periods.
- By Ron Mitchell
Magna Entertainment and MI Developments chairman Frank Stronach Monday commented on recent developments at the companies, which included the resignation of Brian Tobin as CEO of MID.
Most Popular Stories
- A Look Back at Gallant Fox's Arlington Classic
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- CHRB Discusses Creating Single California Circuit
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Asmussen Earns $50,000 Preakness Weekend Bonus
- The Greatest Performance No One Has Seen
- Enola Gray, Illuminant Look Strong in Monrovia Field
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million