On a brisk spring morning at Belmont Park April 25, El Kabeir put in his final breeze for the May 2 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), and it was unexpectedly eventful.
"Since he ran at Churchill, he really started to change... it's amazing how this horse has kept going forward, while braving the brutal winter we had," Tonja Terranova said of Wood Memorial contender El Kabeir.
Zayat Stables' Paynter posted a bullet work over the Belmont Park training track May 27 as the Bob Baffert-trained colt continued his preparations for the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- White Passionforfashion Already Turning Heads
- California Chrome Arrives at Arlington
- Medal Count Retired to Spendthrift Farm
- Lovely Maria Returns for Delaware Oaks
- Cozmic One, Full to Uncle Mo Meet at Belmont
- Colt First Winner for U.S. Champ Cape Blanco
- KY Downs Sets Historical Racing Handle Record
- Ben's Cat Aims for Fourth Parx Dash Victory
- RMTC: Uniform Drug Program Has Momentum
- IHRC Report: Truesdail Missed Seven Positives