The Jockey Club April 24 announced its best set of financial results ever, including record turnover of 150.3 million pounds, operating profits of 19.8 million pounds, and contribution to prize money of 16.5 million pounds.
Contrasting views on the future of synthetic tracks were expressed at the meeting of the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities in Paris on Oct. 6, following the Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) meeting at Longchamp.
- By Ryan Conley
Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. have pulled the plug on their involvement in Racing World UK, the United Kingdom broadcast and wagering venture launched two years ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Sanford Adds Another Chapter to Rich History Saturday
- CHRB Discusses Cutting Back Racing Dates
- Proctor's Ledge Makes Splash in Lake George
- Litfin: No Going Against Arrogate in San Diego
- Saratoga Opening Day Sees Handle Increase
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap