The Jockey Club April 24 announced its best set of financial results ever, including record turnover of 150.3 million pounds, operating profits of 19.8 million pounds, and contribution to prize money of 16.5 million pounds.
Contrasting views on the future of synthetic tracks were expressed at the meeting of the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities in Paris on Oct. 6, following the Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) meeting at Longchamp.
Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. have pulled the plug on their involvement in Racing World UK, the United Kingdom broadcast and wagering venture launched two years ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Features 201 Pre-Entered Horses
- California's Golden Eagle Farm Set to Close
- Tapit Filly Tops Record F-T October Sale
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Declaration of War Moving to Ashford Stud
- Sherman Sees California Chrome Bouncing Back
- Queen's Plate Winner Lexie Lou in Autumn Miss
- Top 3-Year-Olds Abound in BC Classic
- Early Thoughts on the BC Pre-Entries
- Tampa Bay Releases 2014-15 Stakes Schedule