The Jockey Club April 24 announced its best set of financial results ever, including record turnover of 150.3 million pounds, operating profits of 19.8 million pounds, and contribution to prize money of 16.5 million pounds.
Contrasting views on the future of synthetic tracks were expressed at the meeting of the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities in Paris on Oct. 6, following the Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) meeting at Longchamp.
Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. have pulled the plug on their involvement in Racing World UK, the United Kingdom broadcast and wagering venture launched two years ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- Former Claimer Chases Greatness in SA Oaks
- Rivals Back to Challenge Dortmund in SA Derby
- The Big Beast Returns to the Big Leagues
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Frosted Looking to Rebound in Wood Memorial
- Condo Commando Tops Gazelle Contenders
- Grade II Winner Williamstown Dead at 25
- Asmussen Grabs Milestone Win at Oaklawn Park
- Blue Grass Hopefuls Train at Keeneland