The Jockey Club April 24 announced its best set of financial results ever, including record turnover of 150.3 million pounds, operating profits of 19.8 million pounds, and contribution to prize money of 16.5 million pounds.
Contrasting views on the future of synthetic tracks were expressed at the meeting of the International Federation of Horseracing Authorities in Paris on Oct. 6, following the Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe (Fr-I) meeting at Longchamp.
Churchill Downs Inc. and Magna Entertainment Corp. have pulled the plug on their involvement in Racing World UK, the United Kingdom broadcast and wagering venture launched two years ago.
Most Popular Stories
- Belle Gallantey Steals Delaware Handicap
- Doinghardtimeagain Grinds Out Great Lady M.
- The Pizza Man Gets Dough in Stars and Stripes
- Closing Divine Oath Snatches American Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Ben's Cat
- Empire Dreams Lands New York Derby
- Arlington Lover I'm Already Sexy Aces Modesty
- Finnegans Wake Gets Nod in Arlington 'Cap
- Ben's Cat Claims Thrilling Parx Dash 3-Peat
- Shakin It Up Retired, To Stand at Spendthrift