As the marathon Keeneland September yearling sale entered the stretch, the penultimate session Sept. 22 mirrored the rest of the sale: double-digit declines in gross, average, and median prices.
Sunday's session of the Keeneland September yearling sale was similar to Saturday's session in that key indicators were down from last year's comparable figures.
Stacy R. Simms has been named to the newly created position of director of community relations at Fair Grounds Race Course, president and general manager Randall Soth announced Friday.
Turf Paradise recorded its best race meet in 48 years by posting gains in both on and off track handle and attendance figures as the 167-day live race meet came to a close May 16 at the Phoenix, Arizona, track.
Jerry Simms, who purchased Turf Paradise in January 2000 for a reported $53-55 million, sold his stake in the Phoenix racetrack Tuesday. Simms was forced to sell the track by state regulators after the Arizona Department of Racing revoked his licence in October 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Sole Power Drives to Al Quoz Sprint Win
- Tamarkuz Takes Godolphin Mile Thriller
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Four Penn National Vets Face Federal Charges
- Fields Shaping Up for Wood Memorial Day
- Castellano Gears Up for Busy FL Derby Day
- Gulfstream Should Have Lucrative FL Derby Day
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized