Light on experience but with a pedigree for the race, Sulamani takes the Prix du Jockey Club at Chantilly.
Trainer Aidan O'Brien entered four horses to run in Sunday's Prix du Jockey Club -- French Derby (Fr-I) at Chantilly, including Kentucky Derby (gr. I) participant Castle Gandolfo and Black Sam Bellamy, a full brother of Epsom and Irish Derby winner Galileo.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup