The 17-year-old son of Mr. Greeley has been purchased by Mr. Tevfik Celikoglu and will stand in Turkey for the 2015 breeding season, it was announced Oct. 14.
El Corredor, a grade I winner who has sired 34 stakes winners and the earners of more than $33 million, will stand the 2014 breeding season at The Stallion @ Copper Crowne in Opelousas, La.
With the closing of the stallion division at Vinery in Florida, Maimonides will relocate to Vinery near Lexington for the 2013 breeding season.
Silvery Swan, a 1994 foal, beat the odds when she produced a dark bay or brown colt by Mr. Greeley in 1997. Named El Corredor, the fleet colt won the 2000 Cigar Mile Handicap (gr. I) and three grade II races before siring seven stakes winners to date. Since that flying start to her broodmare career, Silvery Swan has moved from strength to strength.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops at Churchill
- Espinoza: TC Pursuit 'Different This Time'
- Frosted Scheduled for Belmont Stakes Run
- Golden Eagle Partial Dispersal at Barretts
- MarketWatch: American Pharoah's Stud Value
- Five Palms Making Stakes Debut in Los Angeles
- Love Me Only's First Foal a Stakes Winner
- 16 Remain Engaged for Epsom Derby
- Frosted Continues Working Toward Belmont
- Pletcher Horses Top Belmont Work Tab