The Sept. 21 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale saw 274 yearlings sell for $11,120,100, up 4.1% from the same session a year ago; the average rose 6.4% from $38,158 to $40,584, while the median jumped 20% from $25,000 to $30,000.
Exercise rider Chase Miller has a lot of high hopes in Havelock, who is 9-2 on the morning line for the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT).
Several of the connections of this year's Derby horses have more than one shot of winning the big prize.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance