The Sept. 21 session of the Keeneland September yearling sale saw 274 yearlings sell for $11,120,100, up 4.1% from the same session a year ago; the average rose 6.4% from $38,158 to $40,584, while the median jumped 20% from $25,000 to $30,000.
Exercise rider Chase Miller has a lot of high hopes in Havelock, who is 9-2 on the morning line for the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT).
Several of the connections of this year's Derby horses have more than one shot of winning the big prize.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll