Jockey Martin Pedroza won each of the first four races of Wednesday's eight-race program at Santa Anita and just missed adding a fifth when beaten by a nose in the sixth race.
Southern California-based jockey Iggy Puglisi, injured in a Saturday night spill at Los Alamitos, has been transferred to Arcadia Methodist and may be released in a few days, according to agent Richie Silverstein.
Jockey Iggy Puglisi suffered several injuries in a fall at Los Alamitos Racetrack Saturday night. According to his agent, Richie Silverstein, 26-year-old Puglisi broke three vertebrae and bones in his right knee.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Holy Bull Stakes Goal for Gunnevera
- Wall, McKay Named to Media Honor Roll
- Three Rules Being Considered for Swale Stakes
- Oxley Makes Pledge to Grayson-Jockey Club
- Top Global Runners Vie in Hong Kong Races
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6