Jockey Martin Pedroza won each of the first four races of Wednesday's eight-race program at Santa Anita and just missed adding a fifth when beaten by a nose in the sixth race.
Southern California-based jockey Iggy Puglisi, injured in a Saturday night spill at Los Alamitos, has been transferred to Arcadia Methodist and may be released in a few days, according to agent Richie Silverstein.
Jockey Iggy Puglisi suffered several injuries in a fall at Los Alamitos Racetrack Saturday night. According to his agent, Richie Silverstein, 26-year-old Puglisi broke three vertebrae and bones in his right knee.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Lord Nelson Lunges to Triple Bend Score
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Isabella Sings Sails Home in Eatontown
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago