Capital Account and Coil gave trainer Bob Baffert a one-two finish in the $250,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 26.
Speedy multiple graded stakes winner Flashpoint has been retired by Peachtree Stable and may stand at stud in 2012.
Flashpoint humbled three opponents en route to a seven-length romp in the $143,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) on a muddy track at Monmouth Park July 3.
It's not often that things go according to plan in the Thoroughbred business, but that's certainly been the case with Silverleaf Farms' purchase of Pomeroy last year.
Becky Thomas and Lewis Lakin, one of the Thoroughbred industry's most dynamic teams in pinhooking and commercial breeding, have begun a major reduction of their partnership ventures.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20