Capital Account and Coil gave trainer Bob Baffert a one-two finish in the $250,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 26.
Speedy multiple graded stakes winner Flashpoint has been retired by Peachtree Stable and may stand at stud in 2012.
Flashpoint humbled three opponents en route to a seven-length romp in the $143,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) on a muddy track at Monmouth Park July 3.
It's not often that things go according to plan in the Thoroughbred business, but that's certainly been the case with Silverleaf Farms' purchase of Pomeroy last year.
Becky Thomas and Lewis Lakin, one of the Thoroughbred industry's most dynamic teams in pinhooking and commercial breeding, have begun a major reduction of their partnership ventures.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Work Moved After Del Mar Breakdowns
- Stradivari Sustains Career-Ending Injury
- Enola Gray Still Unbeaten After Del Mar Romp
- 7-Year-Old Gelding Wins First Start at Ellis
- Highland Reel Leads Every Step in King George
- Blame Angel Wins a Day After Trainer's Death
- After 35 Years, Jockey Joe Steiner Retires
- McCarthy, Trainer of General Quarters, Dies
- Ancient Secret Scores in Lake George
- Songbird Logs First Gallop at Saratoga