Capital Account and Coil gave trainer Bob Baffert a one-two finish in the $250,000 Pat O'Brien Stakes (gr. II) at Del Mar Aug. 26.
Speedy multiple graded stakes winner Flashpoint has been retired by Peachtree Stable and may stand at stud in 2012.
Flashpoint humbled three opponents en route to a seven-length romp in the $143,000 Jersey Shore Stakes (gr. III) on a muddy track at Monmouth Park July 3.
It's not often that things go according to plan in the Thoroughbred business, but that's certainly been the case with Silverleaf Farms' purchase of Pomeroy last year.
Becky Thomas and Lewis Lakin, one of the Thoroughbred industry's most dynamic teams in pinhooking and commercial breeding, have begun a major reduction of their partnership ventures.
Most Popular Stories
- Del Mar Sets Plan to Solve Turf Course Issue
- Some Top Trainers Support Phasing Out Salix
- Indiana Sire Lantana Mob Gets First Winner
- WV Hires New Lab; Purse Money Still in Limbo
- Champion She's a Tiger Retired
- Tumor Side Effect Leads to Filly's Group I DQ
- Bertha Wright of Calumet Dynasty Dies at 94
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Monmouth to Reduce Overnight Purses by 10%
- Illinois Tracks Seeking Fewer Dates in 2015