Flashpoint, shipping in from New York for Rick Dutrow Jr., stole the show in the $150,000 Hutcheson (gr. II), as he ran away from odds-on favorite Travelin Man to romp by 7 1/4 lengths Feb. 26 at Gulfstream Park.
Alan Briggs and Bob Cromartie are relocating the breeding operation of their Ardmore Stud and their bloodstock agency, Briggs & Cromartie Thoroughbred Consultants, from Florida to Kentucky. They are developing 125 acres near Versailles, Ky., into a horse farm, and are looking for a farm in Florida for a yearling operation.
Benjamin Leon will operate Paso Fino Farm on former Silverleaf property.
Making his second start for trainer Martin Wolfson, Silverleaf Farm's Pomeroy, ridden confidently by John Velazquez, pulled away from War Front in the final furlong to win the $250,000 Forego Handicap (gr. I) in an upset at Saratoga Race Course Saturday.
Bloodstock agent Bob Cromartie has purchased 260 acres of the former Silverleaf Farm near Orange Lake, Fla., from SLF Partners, the investment group that owns the nursery.
David Hutson's 635-acre Silverleaf Farm in Orange Lake, Fla., was sold at auction Saturday, with the group of owners and breeders that bought the facility planning to resell it.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal