Flashpoint, shipping in from New York for Rick Dutrow Jr., stole the show in the $150,000 Hutcheson (gr. II), as he ran away from odds-on favorite Travelin Man to romp by 7 1/4 lengths Feb. 26 at Gulfstream Park.
Alan Briggs and Bob Cromartie are relocating the breeding operation of their Ardmore Stud and their bloodstock agency, Briggs & Cromartie Thoroughbred Consultants, from Florida to Kentucky. They are developing 125 acres near Versailles, Ky., into a horse farm, and are looking for a farm in Florida for a yearling operation.
Benjamin Leon will operate Paso Fino Farm on former Silverleaf property.
Making his second start for trainer Martin Wolfson, Silverleaf Farm's Pomeroy, ridden confidently by John Velazquez, pulled away from War Front in the final furlong to win the $250,000 Forego Handicap (gr. I) in an upset at Saratoga Race Course Saturday.
Bloodstock agent Bob Cromartie has purchased 260 acres of the former Silverleaf Farm near Orange Lake, Fla., from SLF Partners, the investment group that owns the nursery.
David Hutson's 635-acre Silverleaf Farm in Orange Lake, Fla., was sold at auction Saturday, with the group of owners and breeders that bought the facility planning to resell it.
Most Popular Stories
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Woodward Up Next for Frosted
- Lady Eli's Miracle Comeback Looms
- Unbeaten Enola Gray Steps Up in Torrey Pines
- Del Mar to Cut Race Dates, Open Later in 2017
- Majesto Spikes Fever, to Scratch From Travers
- 'Crook' 50th Black-Type Winner for Freud
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator