The Best of Ohio returns to the former River Downs for the first time since the mid-1990s Oct. 11 when Belterra Park hosts five Ohio-bred stakes worth a total of $750,000.
Seven 3-year-olds, all in search of their first graded stakes victory, are signed on for the $100,000 Ohio Derby (gr. III) July 27, the signature race at Thistledown.
Sherri Greenhill's Mac the Man and TK Stables' Allanah won the featured 3-year-olds stakes at Turfway Park Feb. 2 to give leading jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. a riding double in the co-features.
Locally based horses with an eye toward bigger prizes will compete in a pair of $50,000 stakes for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park Feb. 2.
Mac the Man gave trainer Jeff Greenhill his first stakes win in Kentucky Jan. 5, taking the $50,000 Turfway Prevue at Turfway Park by an easy four lengths over Smokinindaboysroom.
Most Popular Stories
- Favored American Pharoah Wins Kentucky Derby
- Preakness Could Be Rematch for Derby Top 3
- Longtime Owner/Breeder Miles Dies at 85
- Kentucky Derby Wrap
- Derby Overnight Rating Highest Since 1992
- Able Friend Wins Champions Mile in Easy Romp
- Gold Ship Sails to Breakthrough Tenno Sho Win
- Kentucky Derby: Carrots for American Pharoah
- 2015 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence
- Baffert: Derby Win 'Was a Big Sigh of Relief'