Half brothers finished one-two in the $75,000 Sydney Gendelman Memorial Handicap for Ohio-breds on the turf June 11 at Belterra Park Gaming.
With record purses of $750,000 for five stakes restricted to Ohio-breds, the Best of Ohio series attracted 54 entries for its Oct. 10 renewal at ThistleDown Racino.
The Best of Ohio returns to the former River Downs for the first time since the mid-1990s Oct. 11 when Belterra Park hosts five Ohio-bred stakes worth a total of $750,000.
Seven 3-year-olds, all in search of their first graded stakes victory, are signed on for the $100,000 Ohio Derby (gr. III) July 27, the signature race at Thistledown.
Sherri Greenhill's Mac the Man and TK Stables' Allanah won the featured 3-year-olds stakes at Turfway Park Feb. 2 to give leading jockey Norberto Arroyo Jr. a riding double in the co-features.
Locally based horses with an eye toward bigger prizes will compete in a pair of $50,000 stakes for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park Feb. 2.
Mac the Man gave trainer Jeff Greenhill his first stakes win in Kentucky Jan. 5, taking the $50,000 Turfway Prevue at Turfway Park by an easy four lengths over Smokinindaboysroom.
Most Popular Stories
- Mastery Passes Two-Turn Test in Futurity
- Abel Tasman Upsets American Gal in Starlet
- California Chrome Logs Final 'Challenge' Work
- Bode's Dream Perfect in House Party
- Paulassilverlining Golden in Garland of Roses
- Mobile Bay Turns Tables in LA Classic
- Greatbullsoffire Runs Away With MD Futurity
- Keane Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Thewayyouare Relocated to Haras de Corlay
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Los Al Gets Spotlight