The veteran trainer won his 157th New York race of the year Dec. 29 at Aqueduct
Nine-year-old Evening Attire, who had not won in seven starts since a neck victory in the Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) in November of 2005, split horses in the lane and galloped on to a 2 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $72,605 Stymie Handicap at nine furlongs on Aqueduct's fast inner dirt track.
Liquor Cabinet may be a 6-year-old horse, but trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. believes the now-healthy son of Hennessy has better still to come. He'll face seven rivals in the $100,000 Aqueduct Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles on the inner track Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile