The veteran trainer won his 157th New York race of the year Dec. 29 at Aqueduct
Nine-year-old Evening Attire, who had not won in seven starts since a neck victory in the Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) in November of 2005, split horses in the lane and galloped on to a 2 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $72,605 Stymie Handicap at nine furlongs on Aqueduct's fast inner dirt track.
Liquor Cabinet may be a 6-year-old horse, but trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. believes the now-healthy son of Hennessy has better still to come. He'll face seven rivals in the $100,000 Aqueduct Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles on the inner track Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Capps' Death is Big Loss to Louisville Equine Program
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Nichols Canyon Connections Pointing for Iroquois Bonus
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Brisk Activity Bodes Well for OBS Spring Sale