The veteran trainer won his 157th New York race of the year Dec. 29 at Aqueduct
Nine-year-old Evening Attire, who had not won in seven starts since a neck victory in the Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) in November of 2005, split horses in the lane and galloped on to a 2 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $72,605 Stymie Handicap at nine furlongs on Aqueduct's fast inner dirt track.
Liquor Cabinet may be a 6-year-old horse, but trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. believes the now-healthy son of Hennessy has better still to come. He'll face seven rivals in the $100,000 Aqueduct Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles on the inner track Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana
- The Week in Photos 7/25/2017