The veteran trainer won his 157th New York race of the year Dec. 29 at Aqueduct
Nine-year-old Evening Attire, who had not won in seven starts since a neck victory in the Stuyvesant Handicap (gr. III) in November of 2005, split horses in the lane and galloped on to a 2 1/4-length victory in Saturday's $72,605 Stymie Handicap at nine furlongs on Aqueduct's fast inner dirt track.
Liquor Cabinet may be a 6-year-old horse, but trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. believes the now-healthy son of Hennessy has better still to come. He'll face seven rivals in the $100,000 Aqueduct Handicap (gr. III) at 1 1/16 miles on the inner track Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Sisterly Love Scores Doubledogdare Upset
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Speightstown Colt Works Quick Quarter at OBS
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- A Case for Full Siblings
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records