In what is probably her final race, unbeaten Peppers Pride puts her modern North American record 18-race winning streak on the line in the $125,000 New Mexico State Racing Commission Handicap at Sunland Park Dec. 14.
Undefeated Peppers Pride left the door open for a challenge, but once again she proved too tough for her state-bred competitors, holding sway for her record 18th consecutive win in the $177,615 New Mexico Cup Fillies & Mares Stakes at Zia Park Nov. 9.
Undefeated Peppers Pride, the record-breaking New Mexico mare who goes for her 18th straight win in the $170,000 New Mexico Cup Fillies & Mares Championship at Zia Park Nov. 9, is expected to race once more this year, according to her trainer.
Undefeated Peppers Pride put herself in the record books when she defeated an allowance field at Zia Park in Hobbs, N.M., by two lengths for her 17th consecutive victory Oct. 4.
Peppers Pride's attempt to break the modern mark for consecutive wins by a North American Thoroughbred has been on hold for more than a month, yet her shot at glory may once again be at the mercy of the weather.
The undefeated filly Peppers Pride pursues her 13th straight victory and Rocky Gulch, one of the most popular New Mexico-bred horses ever, returns in Zia Park's third New Mexico Cup program Nov. 11.
Three-time stakes winner Ky's Quest was named New Mexico-bred champion 2-year-old male at the 2006 New Mexico Horse Breeders Association's annual awards banquet at the Marriott Hotel in Albuquerque, N.M. Jan. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine
- Mrs McDougal Shows the Way in Noble Damsel