Strawberrydaiquiri, an 8-year-old mare by Dansili in foal to Dubawi, brought $1.45 million Nov. 5 toward the end of the second session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale.
Grade I-winning sprinter Shakin It Up has been retired from racing and will stand the 2015 breeding season at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm in Lexington.
Malibu Stakes (gr. I) winner Shakin It Up answered doubts about his ability around two turns when he overpowered stablemate Govenor Charlie to give trainer Bob Baffert the exacta in Santa Anita Strub Stakes Jan. 18.
Shakin It Up, making his first start in nine months, mowed down the field for trainer Bob Baffert to earn his first grade I victory in the $300,000 Malibu Stakes at odds of 17-1 on opening day at Santa Anita Park Dec. 26.
by Anne Peters
On Feb. 7, Darley announced the retirement of Quiet American, its 27-year-old son of Fappiano. Ten days later Quiet American's great-grandson Shakin It Up put himself on the classic trail.
Given a patient ride by David Flores, Shakin It Up rallied between horses to capture the $150,000 San Vicente Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 17 at Santa Anita Park, giving trainer Bob Baffert his eighth win in the sprint event.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Score in Clark
- Kaigun Storms From Last to Seabiscuit Win
- The Turf Debut of California Chrome
- Take Charge Brandi, Mr. Z to Los Alamitos
- Judge Rules Veitch Improperly Dismissed
- Classic Point Ekes Out Go for Wand Victory
- Cigar Mile As 'Stallion Maker'
- Sea The Stars Colt Leads Tattersalls Session
- Preparing for Breeding Season
- After Gallop, California Chrome Ready to Go