Longtime Arlington Park rider Carlos Silva picked up his 1,000th career win at the suburban Chicago oval on Thursday when he guided the Tom Swearingen-owned and -trained Deno's Connection to a two-length victory in the eighth race.
Millionaire and grade II winner Express Tour, who won all three of the stakes in the Florida Stallion Series for 2-year-old males in 2000, has arrived for stallion duty at Roy Lerman's Lambholm South near Reddick, Fla.
Jockey Carlos Silva became the 101st rider to win 3,000 races when he guided Buba's Caper to a neck victory in Wednesday's 3rd race at Arlington Park.
Victories Wednesday by longshots Continental Miss and Continental Stitch helped create a pick six carryover of $114,773 heading into Thursday's card at Santa Anita.
Godolphin's Express Tour alternately pressed and set the early pace en route to winning Saturday's $150,000 Jerome Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park. Under John Velazquez, Express Tour completed the one-mile race in 1:34.57 on a fast track.
A rare double dead heat occurred during the fifth race at Hollywood Park Sunday, when Scattergun and Bonotto tied for second place and Capote Sun and Clure finished on even terms for sixth.
Trainer Jose Silva has been suspended for 45 days by the California Horse Racing Board after Glorious Linda tested positive for the Class 2 drug Hydroxymepivacaine after finishing second in a $50,000 claiming event April 21 at Hollywood Park. Silva has three days to appeal the suspension which was handed down by the Board of Stewards at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Accelerate Finds Just Enough in Los Al Derby
- 'Chrome' Logs Final Work for Awesome Again
- Miyadi Arrested After Altercation With Solis
- Lexie Lou Officially Retired
- Senor Guitar First Winner for Star Guitar
- Deeply Undervalued Wins Commonwealth Derby
- Mrs McDougal Shows the Way in Noble Damsel
- Caren, Are You Kidding Me Score at Woodbine