A pair of regally-bred colts by Curlin and Bernardini garnered the most attention at the third session of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training April 23, each selling for $700,000.
Alta Franks, the widow of John Franks, has begun the reorganization of her husband's Thoroughbred holdings. Mrs. Franks plans a reduction, but not a complete dispersal, beginning with the sale of about 200 broodmares at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Winter Mixed Sale Feb. 8-9 in Lexington.
The Thoroughbred Corporation's Spain dueled though the stretch with Ruby Surprise before edging away to a one-length victory in the $250,000 Turfway Breeders' Cup (gr. III) Saturday at Turfway Park.
Silent Eskimo raced just off the pace set by Perlinda and held on through the stretch to win the $200,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) by 3/4 lengths Saturday at Ellis Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Hollywood Derby Likely After Chrome's Workout
- Don't Tell Sophia Leads Falls City Handicap
- Big Macher Shows Star Quality in Cary Grant
- East Gift Takes Unusual Path Back to Clark
- Tom's Tribute Tops Talented Seabiscuit Cast
- Calgary Cat Sizzles in Kennedy Road Triumph
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Shipper Holiday Star Faces 10 in Turf Cup
- Danon Shark Wins Mile Championship Thriller
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess