A pair of regally-bred colts by Curlin and Bernardini garnered the most attention at the third session of Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s spring sale of 2-year-olds in training April 23, each selling for $700,000.
Alta Franks, the widow of John Franks, has begun the reorganization of her husband's Thoroughbred holdings. Mrs. Franks plans a reduction, but not a complete dispersal, beginning with the sale of about 200 broodmares at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky Winter Mixed Sale Feb. 8-9 in Lexington.
The Thoroughbred Corporation's Spain dueled though the stretch with Ruby Surprise before edging away to a one-length victory in the $250,000 Turfway Breeders' Cup (gr. III) Saturday at Turfway Park.
Silent Eskimo raced just off the pace set by Perlinda and held on through the stretch to win the $200,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) by 3/4 lengths Saturday at Ellis Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes