The Maryland Horsemen's Assistance Fund, with The Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association, presents a fundraiser at The Corner Stable in Columbia, Md., Oct. 17 to benefit a fund for injured exercise rider Jose Villegas.
Prairie Meadows will host a silent auction July 16 during the "Ridin' the Storm Out Flood Relief Concert" featuring REO Speedwagon, with special guest Little River Band.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, in conjunction with its annual dinner dance, will hold a silent auction March 15 to benefit the "Michael Rowland Family Fund." Rowland, a longtime jockey, died as a result of injuries suffered in a racing accident at Turfway Park in early February.
A Valentine's Day fund-raiser for the family of jockey Michael Rowland, who died from injuries sustained in a Feb. 5 racing accident at Turfway Park, has drawn interest from around the country, and donated items continued to come in the morning of the event.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Curlin Colt Tops Strong Keeneland Session
- Flashback Retired to Stand at Hill 'n' Dale
- Fast Anna Gets Class Relief in Gallant Bob
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Three-Time Grade I Winner Behrens Dies
- Equine Encephalitis Reported in New York
- Oversight Board Reviews NYRA Finances