Laurel Park will hold a fundraiser and silent auction benefitting jockey Fray Martinez and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Maryland Feb. 13, featuring dozens of items during its Winter Carnival weekend.
- By Blood-Horse Staff
- Northeast Region, Midwest Region, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, West Region, Kentucky, Mid-Atlantic Region
A consortium of racing organizations has announced a Derby Day fund-raising campaign to benefit the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund will be held May 2 at tracks and racing venues across the U.S.
The Maryland Horsemen's Assistance Fund, with The Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association, presents a fundraiser at The Corner Stable in Columbia, Md., Oct. 17 to benefit a fund for injured exercise rider Jose Villegas.
Prairie Meadows will host a silent auction July 16 during the "Ridin' the Storm Out Flood Relief Concert" featuring REO Speedwagon, with special guest Little River Band.
The Kentucky Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association, in conjunction with its annual dinner dance, will hold a silent auction March 15 to benefit the "Michael Rowland Family Fund." Rowland, a longtime jockey, died as a result of injuries suffered in a racing accident at Turfway Park in early February.
A Valentine's Day fund-raiser for the family of jockey Michael Rowland, who died from injuries sustained in a Feb. 5 racing accident at Turfway Park, has drawn interest from around the country, and donated items continued to come in the morning of the event.
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont
- America's Galileo
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever