From selling the top-priced 2-year-old sold at public auction in North America to relocating to the mountains of Nevada, it has been quite a year for Thoroughbred breeders Sal and Colleen Simeone.
Just months after Bal a Bali beat a case of laminitis, the Brazilian Triple Crown winner's connections will continue to ask him for more in the $400,000 Shoemaker Mile (gr. IT) June 13 at Santa Anita Park.
Bal a Bali will look to carry his impressive success in Brazil into his first U.S. start, the $100,000 American Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 9 at Santa Anita Park.
Made to Love Her recorded her second win in a row, a decisive four-length victory in the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes at cold and rainy Hollywood Park Nov. 20.
Olredlgetcha, winner of the June 14 Victoria Stakes on at Woodbine, was euthanized June 23 after suffering a staph infection in his right hock from a slight puncture wound received in the race.
Olredlgetcha, a 2-year-old son of Limehouse, was anything but green in his career bow, blowing away his rivals in the $136,098 Victoria Stakes at Woodbine June 14.
The Ocala Breeders' Sales Co. (OBS) recently revised the results for the 2008 August yearling sale on its Web site (www.obssales.com) because of new rules governing horse auctions in Florida that took effect in July. Sale companies now are required to disclose any horses that did not change ownership after being reported as sold.
Most Popular Stories
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Trainer, Racing Official Daniel Dufford Dies at 66
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Finger Lakes Gains State-Bred Incentive for Maidens
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination