The Bob Baffert-trained Pretty N Cool, shipping from California to New York, looks like the one to beat in the $200,000 Matron Stakes (gr. II) Oct. 18 at Belmont Park.
Brazilian Triple Crown winner Bal a Bali made a splash in his U.S. debut, capturing the $100,000 American Stakes (gr. IIIT) May 9 at Santa Anita Park.
Siena Farms' Angela Renee (by Bernardini) worked a half-mile in company in :47 3/5 April 16 at Keeneland. The grade I winner may make her next start in the May 1 Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I).
Undefeated Ocho Ocho Ocho, one of several Southern California shippers in the field, outfought Mr. Z through the drive to capture the $1 million Delta Downs Jackpot (gr. III) by a nose at Delta Downs Racetrack Nov. 22.
Promising 3-year-olds Dewey Square and Bambazonki each worked five furlongs at Gulfstream Park Feb. 24 in preparation for the upcoming Palm Beach Stakes (gr. IIIT) at 1 1/8 miles on turf.
Trainer Dale Romans sported a wide smile following workouts by his two top 2-year-olds at Gulfstream Park on the morning of Dec. 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Gun Runner Powers to Easy Stephen Foster Win
- Paco Lopez Sent to Hospital After Paddock Accident
- McCraken Back to His Old Self in Matt Winn
- Heavy Rain Forces Belmont Park Cancellation
- Forever Unbridled Makes Triumphant Return
- Sircat Sally Remains Undefeated With Honeymoon Win
- Kasaqui Ends Six-Race Skid With Decisive Wise Dan Score
- Faypien Edges Mopotism in Summertime Oaks
- Monmouth Park Bans Shipping to Suffolk Downs
- Unique Bella Nears Return to Training