Siena Farm's Angela Renee, beaten more than 19 lengths in the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) in her last start, rebounded in a big way with a victory in the $300,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Trainer Richard Mandella is relishing the prospect of having Bal A Bali, winner of the Brazilian Triple Crown in 2013 and already qualified for a spot in the $3 million Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) Nov. 1, in his barn soon.
Grade I winner Eskendereya was represented by his first winner July 10 when Siena Farm's homebred Isabella Sings went wire-to-wire to take the first race at Belmont Park.
Eclipse Award-winning trainer Dale Romans said his Siena Farm 3-year-olds will both make their next starts at Gulfstream Park; he has yet to determine an exact target in Dubai for Breeders' Cup Turf winner Little Mike.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic winter mixed sale enjoyed increases of 75.7% in gross revenue and 21.6% in average price Monday at Timonium in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch