Siena Farm's Angela Renee, beaten more than 19 lengths in the Spinaway Stakes (gr. I) in her last start, rebounded in a big way with a victory in the $300,000 Chandelier Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-old fillies at Santa Anita.
Trainer Richard Mandella is relishing the prospect of having Bal A Bali, winner of the Brazilian Triple Crown in 2013 and already qualified for a spot in the $3 million Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) Nov. 1, in his barn soon.
Grade I winner Eskendereya was represented by his first winner July 10 when Siena Farm's homebred Isabella Sings went wire-to-wire to take the first race at Belmont Park.
Eclipse Award-winning trainer Dale Romans said his Siena Farm 3-year-olds will both make their next starts at Gulfstream Park; he has yet to determine an exact target in Dubai for Breeders' Cup Turf winner Little Mike.
The Fasig-Tipton Midlantic winter mixed sale enjoyed increases of 75.7% in gross revenue and 21.6% in average price Monday at Timonium in Maryland.
Most Popular Stories
- Through the Lens: Wise Dan Photo Gets Award
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Subjective vs. Objective Lameness Identification Methods
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Jockey Chapa Faces Felony Race-Fixing Charges
- New Leadership Coming for Illinois Board
- Flashy Performances at OBS Day of Champions
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for Jan. 27, 2015
- Nerud Homebred Colt Wins at Big A