Dakota Phone, winner of the 2010 Breeders' Cup Dirt Mile (gr. I) at Churchill Downs, has been retired from racing and sent to Jenny Craig's Rancho Paseana Training Center near Rancho Santa Fe, Calif.
Grade I winner Sidney's Candy has been purchased by a partnership headed by Kenny Troutt's WinStar Farm and turned over to trainer Todd Pletcher.
MAHUBAH'S CORNER, by Avalyn Hunter
The pedigree of Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) winner Sidney's Candy pairs speed with stamina. Will it be enough to get around the Derby oval first?
The much anticipated return of Sidney's Candy became a bit of a disappointment when the 2-year-old was beaten by Tiny Woods, finishing fourth in an allowance race at Santa Anita.
Sidney H. Craig, who received a colt named Dr Devious as a birthday present and watched him win the 1992 Ever Ready Epsom Derby (Eng-I), died July 21.
Paseana, a Hall of Fame member and a two-time Eclipse Award-winning older female, died June 21 in her native Argentina at Dr. Ignacio Pavlovsky's Haras San Ignacio de Loyola.
Unbeaten grade I winner Candy Ride, who recorded the highest Beyer Speed Figure of 2003, has been retired from racing and might be headed to stud at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farms near Lexington, Ky.
Trainer Ron McAnally said Saturday that he is unsure whether he'll run American Handicap (gr. IIT) winner Candy Ride once more before sending his emerging Argentine star to the Aug. 24 Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar.
Jenny and Sidney Craig's Candy Ride took a major step toward the head of the Southern California handicap division with an impressive victory in Friday's $150,000 American Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf at Hollywood Park.
Brave Act, who earned $1,498,784 of his career total of $1,546,269 for Sidney Craig, has been sold and will stand the 2001 breeding season at A. F. O'Callaghan's Tally-Ho Stud in Ireland.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Mind Your Biscuits Aims to Give Summers First Win
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement