Coming into her own over the summer, Vivlos struck for a classic victory Oct. 16 when taking the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I), the third jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies, at Kyoto.
Shonan Pandora nabbed the final jewel of Japan's Triple Crown for fillies in record time, striking at 10-1 odds in the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) Oct. 19 at Kyoto while denying Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) winner Nuovo Record.
Meisho Mambo wore down tiring front-runner Sekisho with a ground-gobbling outside rally and captured the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I), the final jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies, Oct. 13 at Kyoto.
Gentildonna narrowly completed a sweep of Japan's Triple Crown for fillies Oct. 14 with a nose victory over rival Verxina in a thrilling finish to the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Racecourse.
Gentildonna is from the 2nd crop of 2-time Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact, and is the first of his offspring to win a group race at more than a mile.
Aventura won her first grade I in the $2.1 million Shuka Sho at Kyoto Racecourse Oct. 16, celebrating her third victory in as many starts this season. The Shuka Sho is the third and final jewel of Japan's filly triple crown.
Buena Vista failed in her bid to become the third winner of the Japanese filly Triple Crown on Sunday when she lost by a nose to second choice Red Desire in the $2 million Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Race Course.
Black Emblem, a daughter of Eclipse Award winner and dual classic winner War Emblem, scored the biggest win of her career when she won the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) Oct. 19 at Kyoto for owner Kunio Tahara.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill