Coming into her own over the summer, Vivlos struck for a classic victory Oct. 16 when taking the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I), the third jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies, at Kyoto.
Shonan Pandora nabbed the final jewel of Japan's Triple Crown for fillies in record time, striking at 10-1 odds in the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) Oct. 19 at Kyoto while denying Yushun Himba (Jpn-I, Japanese Oaks) winner Nuovo Record.
Meisho Mambo wore down tiring front-runner Sekisho with a ground-gobbling outside rally and captured the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I), the final jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies, Oct. 13 at Kyoto.
Gentildonna narrowly completed a sweep of Japan's Triple Crown for fillies Oct. 14 with a nose victory over rival Verxina in a thrilling finish to the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Racecourse.
Gentildonna is from the 2nd crop of 2-time Japanese Horse of the Year Deep Impact, and is the first of his offspring to win a group race at more than a mile.
Aventura won her first grade I in the $2.1 million Shuka Sho at Kyoto Racecourse Oct. 16, celebrating her third victory in as many starts this season. The Shuka Sho is the third and final jewel of Japan's filly triple crown.
Buena Vista failed in her bid to become the third winner of the Japanese filly Triple Crown on Sunday when she lost by a nose to second choice Red Desire in the $2 million Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Race Course.
Black Emblem, a daughter of Eclipse Award winner and dual classic winner War Emblem, scored the biggest win of her career when she won the Shuka Sho (Jpn-I) Oct. 19 at Kyoto for owner Kunio Tahara.
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa