With Santa Anita switching to twilight racing on Friday and a two-day pick six carryover of $462,042 heading into the card, handicappers will have a couple of extra hours to contemplate their wagers.
Shuffling Kid brought a clear lead into the stretch, then held off a host of challengers at the wire to win Sunday's $114,400 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) in a blanket finish at Santa Anita. Under Patrick Valenzuela, Shuffling Kid barreled down the firm hillside turf course, finishing the 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:13.30.
Think back a few months and see if you can recall the name Above Perfection. Need a hint? She was at Belmont last July, stretching the redoubtable Xtra Heat to the max in the Prioress Stakes (gr. I). If you're still having difficulty, don't worry. You'll be hearing plenty from her this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale