With Santa Anita switching to twilight racing on Friday and a two-day pick six carryover of $462,042 heading into the card, handicappers will have a couple of extra hours to contemplate their wagers.
Shuffling Kid brought a clear lead into the stretch, then held off a host of challengers at the wire to win Sunday's $114,400 Baldwin Stakes (gr. IIIT) in a blanket finish at Santa Anita. Under Patrick Valenzuela, Shuffling Kid barreled down the firm hillside turf course, finishing the 6 1/2 furlongs in 1:13.30.
Think back a few months and see if you can recall the name Above Perfection. Need a hint? She was at Belmont last July, stretching the redoubtable Xtra Heat to the max in the Prioress Stakes (gr. I). If you're still having difficulty, don't worry. You'll be hearing plenty from her this year.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity