Shortleaf Stable's homebred Trace Creek made his Polytrack debut a success when he captured the grade III $100,000 Hanshin Cup May 21 at Arlington International Racecourse.
To trainer Kenny McPeek, running Atigun in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) just makes sense.
Trainer Ken McPeek says he has brought two "solid 3-year-olds" to New York for a possible start in the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) because "we believe anything can happen in the third leg of the Triple Crown."
John Veitch relishes his first victory in New York since 1998 and Patrick Biancone offers insights into training horses. Meanwhile, trainer Ken McPeek plans to work Repent Sunday in preparation for the Travers Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Madden Gets Birthday Win at Saratoga
- The Gurkha Edges Galileo Gold in Sussex
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- Unified's Connections Eye King's Bishop
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell