Shortleaf Stable's homebred Trace Creek made his Polytrack debut a success when he captured the grade III $100,000 Hanshin Cup May 21 at Arlington International Racecourse.
To trainer Kenny McPeek, running Atigun in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) just makes sense.
Trainer Ken McPeek says he has brought two "solid 3-year-olds" to New York for a possible start in the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) because "we believe anything can happen in the third leg of the Triple Crown."
John Veitch relishes his first victory in New York since 1998 and Patrick Biancone offers insights into training horses. Meanwhile, trainer Ken McPeek plans to work Repent Sunday in preparation for the Travers Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes