To trainer Kenny McPeek, running Atigun in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) just makes sense.
Trainer Ken McPeek says he has brought two "solid 3-year-olds" to New York for a possible start in the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) because "we believe anything can happen in the third leg of the Triple Crown."
John Veitch relishes his first victory in New York since 1998 and Patrick Biancone offers insights into training horses. Meanwhile, trainer Ken McPeek plans to work Repent Sunday in preparation for the Travers Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Indiana Grand Racing & Casino Begins New Era
- Churchill Derby, Oaks Security Plan Released
- Mine That Bird Still Flies in Kentucky
- Samraat, Uncle Sigh Work at Belmont
- TimeformUS Saturday Stakes Plays
- Oaklawn Posts Double-Digit Handle Gains
- A Case for Full Siblings
- NYRA Donating Trees for Anna House Fundraiser
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Lane's End to Sponsor Queen Elizabeth Cup