Shortleaf Stable's homebred Trace Creek made his Polytrack debut a success when he captured the grade III $100,000 Hanshin Cup May 21 at Arlington International Racecourse.
To trainer Kenny McPeek, running Atigun in the $500,000 Breeders' Cup Marathon (gr. II) just makes sense.
Trainer Ken McPeek says he has brought two "solid 3-year-olds" to New York for a possible start in the June 9 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) because "we believe anything can happen in the third leg of the Triple Crown."
John Veitch relishes his first victory in New York since 1998 and Patrick Biancone offers insights into training horses. Meanwhile, trainer Ken McPeek plans to work Repent Sunday in preparation for the Travers Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic Endgame for Gun Runner in 2017
- Knee Chip Knocks El Areeb Off Derby Trail
- Sheikh Mohammed 'Definitely' Plans to Hike DWC Purse
- Del Mar Altering Main Track Banking and Grading
- Sano's Faith in Gunnevera Unwavering for Florida Derby
- Baffert Could Send Three to Santa Anita Derby
- Suffolk Downs Sale Approved by Gaming Commission
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Dortmund Looks to Regain Form in Santana Mile
- Zimmer Relocated to Poplar Creek in Ohio