Under an emphatic ride from Patrick Valenzuela, Herrick Racing LLC's Short Route wore down the heavy favorite Inspiring to win the $109,700-added Railbird (gr. III) for 3-year-old fillies by a neck at Hollywood Park Sunday.
Bob & Beverly Lewis's Inspiring, unbeaten winner of last summer's Sorrento Stakes (gr. III) at Del Mar before a recent setback in Santa Anita's Santa Paula Stakes, is the likely favorite among eight 3-year-old fillies contesting Sunday's $100,000 Railbird Stakes (gr. III) at Hollywood Park.
Hello Lucky, winner of the Anoakia Stakes at Santa Anita Park and third to juvenile filly champion Sweet Catomine in the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) in 2004, is part of an evenly-matched field of 12 3-year-old fillies entered for the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Oaks at Santa Anita Saturday.
No Bull Baby overcame traffic problems to rally in the stretch under the guidance of Tyler Baze to win the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes for 2-year-old fillies by one-half length over Short Route Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Belleski successfully dueled with Intercontinental to remain unbeaten on the Santa Anita Park sod in the $100,000 Sen. Ken Maddy Handicap (gr. IIIT), winning by half a length before 10,665 on-track fans on opening day of the Oak Tree meeting.
Mr. and Mrs. Larry D. Williams' Coastal Strike, piloted by Del Mar's leading rider this summer, Tyler Baze, made it two-for-two in her brief career Wednesday with a wire-to-wire victory in the featured $100,000 Generous Portion Stakes for 2-year-old California-bred fillies.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts