Gasparilla Stable and Will Farish's Undercover stormed to victory as the overwhelming favorite in Saturday's $75,000 Gala Lil Stakes at Laurel Park.
Zonk is the 118-pound highweight as she seeks to defend her title in the Affectionately Handicap, the first graded race of the year in New York.
D.J. Stables' Martha's Music won her second straight stakes race at Laurel Park Saturday, taking the $100,000 Anne Arundel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year old fillies.
Arthur Hancock III and James Stone's Chamrousse, second as the beaten favorite in last month's Mother Goose Stakes (gr. I), is back for more as the likely choice for Saturday's C.C.A. Oaks (gr. I) at Belmont Park.
Alternate will try to turn it up a notch when she faces six rivals in the $175,000 Susan's Girl Stakes at Delaware Park on Saturday. The 1 1/16-mile race is the final local prep for the Delaware Oaks (gr. III), which will be contested on July 20.
Trainer Ken McPeek said Tuesday morning that Select Stable's Take Charge Lady will not ship to Baltimore for Friday's Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II).
Most Popular Stories
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- California Implements New Whip Rule