Fierce Boots took the lead coming out of the gate and was never headed as she rolled to a two-length upset of favored Flipcup in the $100,000 Busanda Stakes for 3-year-old fillies Jan. 4 at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Gary and Mary West's Power Broker found clearance at a key point early in the race and continued on under pressure to win the $514,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Indiana Downs Oct. 5.
Gary and Mary West's Power Broker secured an early lead in the $150,000 Easy Goer Stakes and then drew off in the Belmont Park stretch to register his first stakes win since taking last year's FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I).
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
There is a clear explanation for the turnaround that saw Power Broker transformed from thrice-defeated maiden to grade I winner, as the FrontRunner was the colt's first start on dirt.
Gary and Mary West's Power Broker made short work of the field in the $250,000 FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds at Santa Anita Park Sept. 29, drawing away to win easily over Know More and Capo Bastone.
Most Popular Stories
- Posse Offspring Take Pair of NY-Bred Stakes
- Gentildonna Goes Out On Top in Career Finale
- Main Sequence Arrives in Florida for Winter
- Cowtown Cat Moves to Ohio's Mapleton for 2015
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream