Gary and Mary West's Power Broker found clearance at a key point early in the race and continued on under pressure to win the $514,000 Indiana Derby (gr. II) at Indiana Downs Oct. 5.
Gary and Mary West's Power Broker secured an early lead in the $150,000 Easy Goer Stakes and then drew off in the Belmont Park stretch to register his first stakes win since taking last year's FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I).
PORTER ON PEDIGREES, by Alan Porter
There is a clear explanation for the turnaround that saw Power Broker transformed from thrice-defeated maiden to grade I winner, as the FrontRunner was the colt's first start on dirt.
Gary and Mary West's Power Broker made short work of the field in the $250,000 FrontRunner Stakes (gr. I) for 2-year-olds at Santa Anita Park Sept. 29, drawing away to win easily over Know More and Capo Bastone.
Most Popular Stories
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Red Reveur Upsets Hanshin Juvenile Fillies
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale
- Streaming Surges Clear for Starlet Surprise
- Apprentice Jockey Vanessa Fry Wins Her First
- Multiple Grade I Winner Flat Out Retired
- Hong Kong Cup Day: Ed Dunlop - Red Cadeaux
- Broken Sword Never Looks Back in Bayakoa Win