Night Magic charged from last to first to score a decisive victory in the Grosser Mercedes-Benz Preis Von Baden (Ger-I) Sept. 5.
Rock of Gibraltar has been retired to stud duty, but the horse's Coolmore connections plan to campaign his well-known stablemates, Breeders' Cup Turf champion High Chaparral and Classic contender Hawk Wing, as four-year-olds.
Bandari, trained by Mark Johnston for Sheikh Hamdan al Maktoum, will be bidding to become the first winner of the Rothmans Royals St Leger for 29 years trained in that county -- since Peleid in 1973 -- when he takes on nine rivals in the final classic of the British season at Doncaster Saturday.
O'Brien looks to the future after Hawk Wing takes the Eclipse Stakes.
Aidan O'Brien saddles first three and Sadler's Wells sires the first four as High Chaparral becomes 15th Epsom/Irish Derby winner.
Most Popular Stories
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Keeneland Dirt Installation July 21, 2014
- Saratoga to Hold 'Low Roller' Tourney Monday
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Paul Messara New Manager at Arrowfield Stud
- V.E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Daddy Does Best