Night Magic charged from last to first to score a decisive victory in the Grosser Mercedes-Benz Preis Von Baden (Ger-I) Sept. 5.
Rock of Gibraltar has been retired to stud duty, but the horse's Coolmore connections plan to campaign his well-known stablemates, Breeders' Cup Turf champion High Chaparral and Classic contender Hawk Wing, as four-year-olds.
Bandari, trained by Mark Johnston for Sheikh Hamdan al Maktoum, will be bidding to become the first winner of the Rothmans Royals St Leger for 29 years trained in that county -- since Peleid in 1973 -- when he takes on nine rivals in the final classic of the British season at Doncaster Saturday.
O'Brien looks to the future after Hawk Wing takes the Eclipse Stakes.
Aidan O'Brien saddles first three and Sadler's Wells sires the first four as High Chaparral becomes 15th Epsom/Irish Derby winner.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin