The Shoemaker Foundation, named in honor of jockey Bill Shoemaker and established to assist injured racetrack personnel, is in the process of being dissolved, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader
A memorial for legendary jockey Bill Shoemaker will be held at Santa Anita Park on Tuesday, October 21, at 4 p.m. The Shoemaker family has invited the public to attend this tribute to the Hall of Fame rider who passed away Sunday morning at his home in nearby San Marino. He was 72 years old.
All proceeds from 'Evening in the Bluegrass', which will be held this year at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farm, goes to support the Shoemaker Foundation.
Oak Tree to honor McCarron...Belmont guarantees $500,000 Pick 4 on Sept. 28...Sam Houston prepares to open for training and offers fans a chance to win a trip to the Breeders' Cup with its marathon handicapping contest...Johnny Rivers headlines Shoemaker Dinner.
Organizers of the ninth annual Shoemaker Foundation are looking for the person or persons responsible for taking a conformation painting of Secretariat from the annual dinner held at Walmac International near Lexington Sept. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Face Off at Longchamp
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees
- TimeformUS Weekend Stakes Analysis
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Integral Flies to Victory in Falmouth Stakes
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap