The Shoemaker Foundation, named in honor of jockey Bill Shoemaker and established to assist injured racetrack personnel, is in the process of being dissolved, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader
A memorial for legendary jockey Bill Shoemaker will be held at Santa Anita Park on Tuesday, October 21, at 4 p.m. The Shoemaker family has invited the public to attend this tribute to the Hall of Fame rider who passed away Sunday morning at his home in nearby San Marino. He was 72 years old.
All proceeds from 'Evening in the Bluegrass', which will be held this year at John Sikura's Hill 'n' Dale Farm, goes to support the Shoemaker Foundation.
Oak Tree to honor McCarron...Belmont guarantees $500,000 Pick 4 on Sept. 28...Sam Houston prepares to open for training and offers fans a chance to win a trip to the Breeders' Cup with its marathon handicapping contest...Johnny Rivers headlines Shoemaker Dinner.
Organizers of the ninth annual Shoemaker Foundation are looking for the person or persons responsible for taking a conformation painting of Secretariat from the annual dinner held at Walmac International near Lexington Sept. 9.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Sherman Says 'Chrome' Looks as Good as Ever
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Filly First Winner for Line of David
- Two Dates Added to Upcoming Santa Anita Meet
- Deadline Nears for OBS Racing Age Section
- Rocketts Mill Farm Founder Stevens Dead at 82
- Pedigree Analysis: Inbreeding Trends
- Slideshow: Game On Dude
- Muhtafal Retired from Stud in South Africa