Multiple graded stakes winner Data Link looks for his second victory of 2013 when he heads a field of seven turf horses going a mile in the $150,000 Poker Stakes (gr. IIIT), the Independence Day feature at Belmont Park.
Donegal Racing's TVG Pacific Classic Stakes (gr. I) victor Dullahan is the 4-5 morning-line favorite for the $400,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IT) when he faces seven other sophomores Oct. 6 at Belmont Park.
Trainer Steve Asmussen has switched gears with Daddy Nose Best, attempting to take the colt from Triple Crown contender to quality turf runner in the $200,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame
Howe Great, a graded winner who was originally entered in a stakes at Indiana Downs, instead will head to Belmont Park for the $150,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) June 16.
Though several Juvenile Turf horses lost a chance to gallop on the grass due to rain Nov. 3, the connections say they all remain on track for Saturday's race.
Multiple grade I winner and millionaire Shakespeare is returning to Central Kentucky for the 2012 breeding season. The son of Theatrical has been relocated from Signature Stallions in Central Florida to Lane's End Farm.
Mike Repole's dynamic duo of Uncle Mo and Stay Thirsty worked the morning of Oct. 16 over the training track at Belmont Park, with Uncle Mo covering five furlongs in a bullet :58.64 -- the fastest of 32 at the distance.
Shkspeare Shaliyah and Pure Gossip turned in strong rallies to win two grade III turf stakes at Belmont Park Oct. 2 and appear headed to the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector