Multiple graded stakes winner Data Link looks for his second victory of 2013 when he heads a field of seven turf horses going a mile in the $150,000 Poker Stakes (gr. IIIT), the Independence Day feature at Belmont Park.
Donegal Racing's TVG Pacific Classic Stakes (gr. I) victor Dullahan is the 4-5 morning-line favorite for the $400,000 Jamaica Handicap (gr. IT) when he faces seven other sophomores Oct. 6 at Belmont Park.
Trainer Steve Asmussen has switched gears with Daddy Nose Best, attempting to take the colt from Triple Crown contender to quality turf runner in the $200,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame
Howe Great, a graded winner who was originally entered in a stakes at Indiana Downs, instead will head to Belmont Park for the $150,000 Hill Prince (gr. IIIT) June 16.
Though several Juvenile Turf horses lost a chance to gallop on the grass due to rain Nov. 3, the connections say they all remain on track for Saturday's race.
Multiple grade I winner and millionaire Shakespeare is returning to Central Kentucky for the 2012 breeding season. The son of Theatrical has been relocated from Signature Stallions in Central Florida to Lane's End Farm.
Mike Repole's dynamic duo of Uncle Mo and Stay Thirsty worked the morning of Oct. 16 over the training track at Belmont Park, with Uncle Mo covering five furlongs in a bullet :58.64 -- the fastest of 32 at the distance.
Shkspeare Shaliyah and Pure Gossip turned in strong rallies to win two grade III turf stakes at Belmont Park Oct. 2 and appear headed to the Breeders' Cup World Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- OBS April First Session Soars