Champion Silver Charm was bright-eyed and settling in well at Old Friends Farm Dec. 2 following a long journey home to Kentucky from Japan.
Two-time Canadian Horse of the Year Chief Bearhart, who stood at the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association Shizunai Stallion Station, died Sept. 18 of acute heart failure.
Johannesburg, the champion 2-year-old in England and the U.S. in 2001, has been sold to stand at stud in Japan.
Coronado's Quest, one of the top 3-year-olds of his year and from the same female family as the great Ruffian, died March 8 from heart failure after covering a mare at the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association's Shizunai Stallion Station.
Claiborne Farm stallion Coronado's Quest, whose unbeaten daughter Society Selection won the Oct.4 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park, has been sold to the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association in a private transaction.
Pilsudski and Tikkanen, a pair of Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winners in the 1990s who were sent to Japan for stallion duty, will be testing their siring skills on the Irish mainland.
Sam-Son Farms' homebred Canadian classic winner Scatter the Gold has been sold to a group of Japanese breeders, who plan to stand him at Shizunai Stallion Station in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Pre-Entries Total 185
- Charismatic Moving to Old Friends
- Beholder, 'Lord' Likely to Retire After BC
- Breeders' Cup Race Order, Wagering Options
- Drosselmeyer to Remain in Brazil
- Bernardini Rules Fasig-Tipton Final Session
- Arrogate Smooth in Six Furlong Work
- Noble Bird Heads Field of Eight in Fayette
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Forever Unbridled, Tom's Ready Work for BC