Champion Silver Charm was bright-eyed and settling in well at Old Friends Farm Dec. 2 following a long journey home to Kentucky from Japan.
Two-time Canadian Horse of the Year Chief Bearhart, who stood at the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association Shizunai Stallion Station, died Sept. 18 of acute heart failure.
Johannesburg, the champion 2-year-old in England and the U.S. in 2001, has been sold to stand at stud in Japan.
Coronado's Quest, one of the top 3-year-olds of his year and from the same female family as the great Ruffian, died March 8 from heart failure after covering a mare at the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association's Shizunai Stallion Station.
Claiborne Farm stallion Coronado's Quest, whose unbeaten daughter Society Selection won the Oct.4 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park, has been sold to the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association in a private transaction.
Pilsudski and Tikkanen, a pair of Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winners in the 1990s who were sent to Japan for stallion duty, will be testing their siring skills on the Irish mainland.
Sam-Son Farms' homebred Canadian classic winner Scatter the Gold has been sold to a group of Japanese breeders, who plan to stand him at Shizunai Stallion Station in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- BC Simulcasts in Hong Kong Not Likely in 2015
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules