Champion Silver Charm was bright-eyed and settling in well at Old Friends Farm Dec. 2 following a long journey home to Kentucky from Japan.
Two-time Canadian Horse of the Year Chief Bearhart, who stood at the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association Shizunai Stallion Station, died Sept. 18 of acute heart failure.
Johannesburg, the champion 2-year-old in England and the U.S. in 2001, has been sold to stand at stud in Japan.
Coronado's Quest, one of the top 3-year-olds of his year and from the same female family as the great Ruffian, died March 8 from heart failure after covering a mare at the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association's Shizunai Stallion Station.
Claiborne Farm stallion Coronado's Quest, whose unbeaten daughter Society Selection won the Oct.4 Frizette Stakes (gr. I) at Belmont Park, has been sold to the Japan Bloodhorse Breeders' Association in a private transaction.
Pilsudski and Tikkanen, a pair of Breeders' Cup Turf (gr. IT) winners in the 1990s who were sent to Japan for stallion duty, will be testing their siring skills on the Irish mainland.
Sam-Son Farms' homebred Canadian classic winner Scatter the Gold has been sold to a group of Japanese breeders, who plan to stand him at Shizunai Stallion Station in Japan.
Most Popular Stories
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Finley'sluckycharm Makes it Three in a Row in Chicago
- Mind Your Biscuits Emerges Well From Bullet Work
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup