A leg injury has ended the racing career of multiple graded stakes winner Shaconage only days before her scheduled start in the $150,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Shaconage, fourth entering the stretch, got rolling late with jockey Brice Blanc to take over in the final sixteenth of a mile in the $165,750 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Despite a troubled trip, Jadada rallied from just off the pace to win the $214,800 Fayette Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday at Keeneland. Sterling Stud's 5-year-old son of Jade Hunter completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.92 under Shane Sellers to complete his first graded stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Tapit Colt Tops Barretts Hips to Watch
- Arrogate and How We Define Greatness
- Tumblebrutus Gets 25th Black-Type Winner
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate