A leg injury has ended the racing career of multiple graded stakes winner Shaconage only days before her scheduled start in the $150,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Shaconage, fourth entering the stretch, got rolling late with jockey Brice Blanc to take over in the final sixteenth of a mile in the $165,750 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Despite a troubled trip, Jadada rallied from just off the pace to win the $214,800 Fayette Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday at Keeneland. Sterling Stud's 5-year-old son of Jade Hunter completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.92 under Shane Sellers to complete his first graded stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015
- Bridlewood Owner Malone Purchases Ballylinch