A leg injury has ended the racing career of multiple graded stakes winner Shaconage only days before her scheduled start in the $150,000-added Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Churchill Downs.
Shaconage, fourth entering the stretch, got rolling late with jockey Brice Blanc to take over in the final sixteenth of a mile in the $165,750 Locust Grove Handicap (gr. IIIT) on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Despite a troubled trip, Jadada rallied from just off the pace to win the $214,800 Fayette Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. III) by 1 1/2 lengths Saturday at Keeneland. Sterling Stud's 5-year-old son of Jade Hunter completed the 1 3/16 miles in 1:54.92 under Shane Sellers to complete his first graded stakes win.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- BC, NBC Extend Media Rights Deal 10 Years
- Smith Has Calming Influence on Tom's Tribute
- Lameness Knocks Magician Out of BC Turf
- Silver Charm Pensioned, Returning to Kentucky
- Free as a Bird Refuses to Fly, Out of Cup
- Jury Fails to Reach Verdict in Mare Case
- Zenyatta: Champion Mother
- American Pharoah Out of BC Juvenile
- Hopes of Calderon, Peru with Valiant Emilia