Stronach Stables' homebred mare Sugar Swirl will try to extend her winning streak to four on March 22 at Gulfstream Park, as she faces six rivals in the $200,000 Shirley Jones Handicap (gr. II), a seven-furlong test for older fillies and mares on the main track.
Breeders' Cup Ltd. will add a total of $200,000 in purse money to three Gulfstream Park races in 2008.
Harmony Lodge goes for her fourth Gulfstream stakes victory -- and her fourth stakes score in a row -- when she tops a field of eight in Sunday's $100,000 Shirley Jones Handicap (gr. III) over seven furlongs at Gulfstream Park.
Grade I-winning daughter of Mr. Greeley has not raced since October, but is one of six horses entered in Gulfstream's Shirley Jones Handicap.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered