Robe Tissage captured Japan's premier race for young fillies Dec. 9 when closing powerfully in the stretch and edging past Kurofune Surprise in the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I).
Undefeated Curren Black Hill produced an emphatic 3 1/2-length victory in the $2.3 million NHK Mile Cup (Jpn-I) as the favorite at Tokyo Racecourse to stake his claim as Japan's top 3-year-old miler.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze