TwinSpires Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) winner Wavell Avenue got to the winner's circle for the first time in 2016 with a significant class drop Aug. 3 in the $100,000 Shine Again Stakes at Saratoga Race Course.
Better Lucky, last by more than a dozen lengths after a half-mile, came flying down the stretch to catch Grace Hall at the finish to win the $100,000 Shine Again Stakes by a head at Saratoga Race Course July 21.
My Miss Aurelia, the 2011 champion 2-year-old filly, will make her first start in 16 months in the $100,000 Shine Again Stakes at Saratoga Race Course Monday, July 21.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off