$500,000 broodmare Roan Inish led gains in average and median at the Keeneland January mixed sale's second session, which sellers continued to describe as selective and buyers described fierce competition for top lots.
Shonan Adela stamped herself as Japan's top 2-year-old filly when she came with an overpowering outside run and edged past Let's Go Donki in the final strides in the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I) Dec. 14.
Danon Shark came out on top in the Mile Championship Nov. 23 at Kyoto, earning his first group I win in stakes record time after a tooth-and-nail stretch battle with Fiero.
Keeneland November's market appeared stable and strong at the top Nov. 7, with a $550,000 Unbridled's Song broodmare out of Desert Stormer and a $290,000 Pioneerof the Nile weanling colt finishing as the top lots.
About three-quarters of the way through the fourth session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, Sheikh's Serenade was landed by Japan's Shimokobe Farm for $550,000.
Ayusan dug in gamely to repel a strong late bid from Red Opal and capture the $2,311,000 Oka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese One Thousand Guineas, the first jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies April 7 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates