Shonan Adela stamped herself as Japan's top 2-year-old filly when she came with an overpowering outside run and edged past Let's Go Donki in the final strides in the Hanshin Juvenile Fillies (Jpn-I) Dec. 14.
Danon Shark came out on top in the Mile Championship Nov. 23 at Kyoto, earning his first group I win in stakes record time after a tooth-and-nail stretch battle with Fiero.
Keeneland November's market appeared stable and strong at the top Nov. 7, with a $550,000 Unbridled's Song broodmare out of Desert Stormer and a $290,000 Pioneerof the Nile weanling colt finishing as the top lots.
About three-quarters of the way through the fourth session of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale, Sheikh's Serenade was landed by Japan's Shimokobe Farm for $550,000.
Ayusan dug in gamely to repel a strong late bid from Red Opal and capture the $2,311,000 Oka Sho (Jpn-I), or Japanese One Thousand Guineas, the first jewel in Japan's Triple Crown for fillies April 7 at Hanshin Racecourse.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glen Falls
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- Isabella Sings Tuned for Boiling Springs
- Ageless, Living The Life Return for Masters
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding
- Riker Aims for Third Straight Win in Swynford