Joe Shields' homebred Any Limit makes her first start after not faring too well on the Keeneland Polytrack, one of nine fillies and mares running in the Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 28 at Aqueduct.
Jockeys in California are wearing plastic safety visors to protect their faces from harsh kickback as racing at Santa Anita continues despite the track's surface problems.
Puzzlement, a multiple graded stakes winner as a homebred for Joseph V. Shields Jr., was euthanized June 16 at Palm Beach Equine near West Palm Beach, Fla., because of a tendon infection.
House Party, a grade I winner for breeder/owner Joseph Shields Jr., has been retired after coming out of the March 7 Hurricane Bertie Handicap at Gulfstream Park with a minor ankle injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Nader Leaving Hong Kong, Will Return to U.S.
- American Pharoah Forges Way to Zayat's Heart
- Kentucky Derby: Bathtime for American Pharoah
- Forever Unbridled: Oaks Is in Her Genes
- A Look at 2015 Homebred Derby Hopefuls
- Tailgating, 'Selfie Sticks' Out at Belmont S.
- What's Going On Here: Kentucky Derby Sires
- Churchill Downs Inc. Looking Forward to Derby
- Stellar Wind 7-2 Choice for Oaks
- Fitness Options Added for Churchill Jockeys