Joe Shields' homebred Any Limit makes her first start after not faring too well on the Keeneland Polytrack, one of nine fillies and mares running in the Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 28 at Aqueduct.
Jockeys in California are wearing plastic safety visors to protect their faces from harsh kickback as racing at Santa Anita continues despite the track's surface problems.
Puzzlement, a multiple graded stakes winner as a homebred for Joseph V. Shields Jr., was euthanized June 16 at Palm Beach Equine near West Palm Beach, Fla., because of a tendon infection.
House Party, a grade I winner for breeder/owner Joseph Shields Jr., has been retired after coming out of the March 7 Hurricane Bertie Handicap at Gulfstream Park with a minor ankle injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Goffs Orby Off to Solid Start
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup