Joe Shields' homebred Any Limit makes her first start after not faring too well on the Keeneland Polytrack, one of nine fillies and mares running in the Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 28 at Aqueduct.
Jockeys in California are wearing plastic safety visors to protect their faces from harsh kickback as racing at Santa Anita continues despite the track's surface problems.
Puzzlement, a multiple graded stakes winner as a homebred for Joseph V. Shields Jr., was euthanized June 16 at Palm Beach Equine near West Palm Beach, Fla., because of a tendon infection.
House Party, a grade I winner for breeder/owner Joseph Shields Jr., has been retired after coming out of the March 7 Hurricane Bertie Handicap at Gulfstream Park with a minor ankle injury.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark