Joe Shields' homebred Any Limit makes her first start after not faring too well on the Keeneland Polytrack, one of nine fillies and mares running in the Top Flight Handicap (gr. II) Nov. 28 at Aqueduct.
Jockeys in California are wearing plastic safety visors to protect their faces from harsh kickback as racing at Santa Anita continues despite the track's surface problems.
Puzzlement, a multiple graded stakes winner as a homebred for Joseph V. Shields Jr., was euthanized June 16 at Palm Beach Equine near West Palm Beach, Fla., because of a tendon infection.
House Party, a grade I winner for breeder/owner Joseph Shields Jr., has been retired after coming out of the March 7 Hurricane Bertie Handicap at Gulfstream Park with a minor ankle injury.
Most Popular Stories
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- Smart Transition Powers Home in Curlin
- Loooch Racing on the Lookout for Top Horses
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Uncertainty as Delaware Drops Pletcher Case
- CHRB Rejects Proposed Decision on Valenzuela
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight