Juddmonte Farms' homebred Shibboleth recently died after being shipped from the U.S. to England because of complications from laminitis
Special Ring changed tactics and broke a Del Mar track record in winning the $75,000 Wickerr Handicap at one mile on the turf Friday evening.
Amherst Stable and Spruce Pond Stable's Volponi benefited from an equipment change as he rolled past Saint Verre to win the grade III, $111,200 Poker Handicap at Belmont Park on Friday.
Shibboleth, winner of the Jaipur Handicap (gr. IIIT) in his last out, is the highweight for Friday's Poker.
Juddmonte Farms homebred Shibboleth jumped out to an early lead from the far outside post position under Jerry Bailey and never looked back en route to a two-length victory in Monday's Jaipur Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont Park.
Snow Ridge, unbeaten in three starts in 2002, drew post seven as the 120 pound highweight in the 11-horse Carter Handicap (gr. I) field at Aqueduct Saturday.
Climate upset even-money favorite Shibboleth and Ladies Din Friday while running the fast turf mile of the current Santa Anita meet.
Ladies Din highlights a contentious field entered in Santa Anita's Friday feature race, a one-mile allowance on turf in which eight of the nine starters last raced in a stakes event.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes