Grade II winner E Dubai's first reported foal is a colt born Jan. 28 at Dennis and Deborah Petrisak's farm near Honeoye Falls, N.Y.
Ageless Say Florida Sandy was honored as the 2001 New York- bred Horse of the Year Tuesday night at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' annual awards dinner in Albany, N.Y.
- By Tom LaMarra
Finger Lakes, one of the New York racetracks in line to install video lottery terminals later this year, unveiled a 161-day schedule for 2002 that as usual features five-day racing weeks for the most part. The meet is scheduled to begin April 13 and conclude Nov. 30.
Art Preston of Prestonwood Farm has purchased a half-interest in Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) contender Shesastonecoldfox from Dennis and Deborah Petrisak's Langpap Stables, who also bred the filly. Preston attempted to purchase the filly outright over the weekend, but a disagreement over the deadline to complete the deal caused it to fall through.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- Stronach Still Seeking New Heights for Racing
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm