Grade II winner E Dubai's first reported foal is a colt born Jan. 28 at Dennis and Deborah Petrisak's farm near Honeoye Falls, N.Y.
Ageless Say Florida Sandy was honored as the 2001 New York- bred Horse of the Year Tuesday night at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' annual awards dinner in Albany, N.Y.
- By Tom LaMarra
Finger Lakes, one of the New York racetracks in line to install video lottery terminals later this year, unveiled a 161-day schedule for 2002 that as usual features five-day racing weeks for the most part. The meet is scheduled to begin April 13 and conclude Nov. 30.
Art Preston of Prestonwood Farm has purchased a half-interest in Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) contender Shesastonecoldfox from Dennis and Deborah Petrisak's Langpap Stables, who also bred the filly. Preston attempted to purchase the filly outright over the weekend, but a disagreement over the deadline to complete the deal caused it to fall through.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Nyquist to Work in Afternoon at Santa Anita