Grade II winner E Dubai's first reported foal is a colt born Jan. 28 at Dennis and Deborah Petrisak's farm near Honeoye Falls, N.Y.
Ageless Say Florida Sandy was honored as the 2001 New York- bred Horse of the Year Tuesday night at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' annual awards dinner in Albany, N.Y.
- By Tom LaMarra
Finger Lakes, one of the New York racetracks in line to install video lottery terminals later this year, unveiled a 161-day schedule for 2002 that as usual features five-day racing weeks for the most part. The meet is scheduled to begin April 13 and conclude Nov. 30.
Art Preston of Prestonwood Farm has purchased a half-interest in Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) contender Shesastonecoldfox from Dennis and Deborah Petrisak's Langpap Stables, who also bred the filly. Preston attempted to purchase the filly outright over the weekend, but a disagreement over the deadline to complete the deal caused it to fall through.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Mike Tirico to Host NBC's Prime BC Coverage
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud