Grade II winner E Dubai's first reported foal is a colt born Jan. 28 at Dennis and Deborah Petrisak's farm near Honeoye Falls, N.Y.
Ageless Say Florida Sandy was honored as the 2001 New York- bred Horse of the Year Tuesday night at the New York Thoroughbred Breeders' annual awards dinner in Albany, N.Y.
Finger Lakes, one of the New York racetracks in line to install video lottery terminals later this year, unveiled a 161-day schedule for 2002 that as usual features five-day racing weeks for the most part. The meet is scheduled to begin April 13 and conclude Nov. 30.
Art Preston of Prestonwood Farm has purchased a half-interest in Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I) contender Shesastonecoldfox from Dennis and Deborah Petrisak's Langpap Stables, who also bred the filly. Preston attempted to purchase the filly outright over the weekend, but a disagreement over the deadline to complete the deal caused it to fall through.
Most Popular Stories
- Close Hatches Dominates Personal Ensign
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- California Chrome Sharpens Up at Los Alamitos
- Mark Valeski, Magna Graduate to Woodford
- Bayern Gallops 1 1/2 Miles On Eve of Travers
- Hootenanny, The Wow Signal to Meet in France
- Irish Surf Opts for Classic Over Del Mar 'Cap
- F-T Saratoga Fall Sale Expanded to Two Days
- Narniyn Seeks Breakthrough in Jean Romanet
- Jerkens, Lukas, Durkin Honored at Saratoga