Because Pocus Hocus has a bad habit of waiting on other horses when she gets the lead, trainer Jimmy Jerkens and jockey Jose Santos allowed her to play catch up in Saturday's $107,500 Turnback The Alarm Handicap (gr. III). The result was a resounding 5 ¼-length victory at Aqueduct.
Juddmonte Farms' prohibitive favorite Sightseek cruised to her third straight grade I victory Sunday for jockey Jerry Bailey and trainer Bobby Frankel, dusting her five opponents by 11 1/2 lengths in the Go for Wand at Saratoga.
Edward P. Evans' Summer Colony, the only horse to beat Azeri, asserted her superiority through the stretch and drew off to win Saturday's $300,000 Molly Pitcher Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park by three lengths.
Flatbird Stable's Shawklit Mint found herself with the right pace scenario on her favorite track and managed to score her first stakes victory in the Broadway Handicap Saturday afternoon at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Up With the Birds Back Winning at Woodbine
- Nyquist Logs Final Work for Haskell
- Lanerie Scores Unusual Double at Ellis Park
- Beholder Brilliant in Del Mar Breeze
- Tin Type Gal Rallies to Take Boiling Springs
- Destin Remains On Track for Jim Dandy