Because Pocus Hocus has a bad habit of waiting on other horses when she gets the lead, trainer Jimmy Jerkens and jockey Jose Santos allowed her to play catch up in Saturday's $107,500 Turnback The Alarm Handicap (gr. III). The result was a resounding 5 ¼-length victory at Aqueduct.
Juddmonte Farms' prohibitive favorite Sightseek cruised to her third straight grade I victory Sunday for jockey Jerry Bailey and trainer Bobby Frankel, dusting her five opponents by 11 1/2 lengths in the Go for Wand at Saratoga.
Edward P. Evans' Summer Colony, the only horse to beat Azeri, asserted her superiority through the stretch and drew off to win Saturday's $300,000 Molly Pitcher Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) at Monmouth Park by three lengths.
Flatbird Stable's Shawklit Mint found herself with the right pace scenario on her favorite track and managed to score her first stakes victory in the Broadway Handicap Saturday afternoon at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Ria Antonia Readies for Run Against Boys
- New Career Plans for Retired Comma to the Top
- Boat Trip Wins Express; Triple Heater for 2nd
- Akeed Mofeed Takes HK Cup; Little Mike 9th
- Dozen Pointed for $750,000 CashCall Futurity
- Jose Sea View Posts Gritty Display Victory
- Glorious Days Closes to Win Hong Kong Mile
- Dynamic Trade Continues at Arqana Sale
- Dominant Upsets The Fugue in Hong Kong Vase
- Lord Kanaloa Impresses in Career Finale