Memorette, yet to win in 2005 while piling up earnings of $243,932, is among 14 3-year-old fillies entered for Saturday's $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) at one mile on the Del Mar turf. Ten will go to the post.
Outsider Hot Storm, ridden by Jerry Bailey, overcame a wide trip to hold off She's a Jewel by a head in the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Oaks at Santa Anita Park Saturday, kicking off the eight-race series for California and Florida breds.
Hello Lucky, winner of the Anoakia Stakes at Santa Anita Park and third to juvenile filly champion Sweet Catomine in the Del Mar Debutante (gr. I) in 2004, is part of an evenly-matched field of 12 3-year-old fillies entered for the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Oaks at Santa Anita Saturday.
Trainer Vladimir Cerin said Sunday that his recent winner She's a Jewel is headed to the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Oaks on Jan. 29.
No Bull Baby overcame traffic problems to rally in the stretch under the guidance of Tyler Baze to win the $100,000 Moccasin Stakes for 2-year-old fillies by one-half length over Short Route Sunday at Hollywood Park.
Hello Lucky, a Florida-bred filly who had finished no better than third in three graded stakes, put things together in Sunday's $85,350 Anoakia Stakes at Oak Tree as she held off late-charging longshot No Bull Baby to win by ¾ of a length.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture