Robert Tourtelot, chairman of the California Horse Racing Board, appointed himself and Commissioner Sheryl Granzella to an ad hoc committee on Wednesday to assist in implementing the labor provisions of a new law.
Stable area workers and their dependents will be eligible for extended health care under changes supported Friday by the California Horse Racing Board. The Board voted to begin the regulatory process for changes to rules governing operations of the California Thoroughbred Horsemen's Foundation, a benevolent organization for backstretch employees who care for horses, such as grooms and hot walkers, providing them with medical and dental benefits.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Tepin Makes Stop at Belmont Park
- Harzand Completes Derby Double at Curragh
- Nyquist Logs Easy Afternoon Workout
- Sarah Sis Returns to Winning Ways in Chicago
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Jockey Hill Guides in 1,000th Winner
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another