It's a long way from 3 1/2-furlong races for $1,500 claimers at Shenandoah Downs to the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs. But Jim Miller is on track to make that journey with his 3-year-old filly Aurelia's Belle.
A West Virginia legislator whose district includes Charles Town Races & Slots is advocating a plan to enlarge the racing surface and, if necessary, renovate dilapidated Shenandoah Downs and race there during the down time--or perhaps permanently.
A long-awaited proposal for the expansion of the racing surface at Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia will be circulated to horsemen, some of which have expressed concerns over the plan.
Management and horsemen at Charles Town Races are discussing plans to expand the six-furlong racing surface and perhaps hold races at neighboring Shenandoah Downs during the upgrade.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park