It's a long way from 3 1/2-furlong races for $1,500 claimers at Shenandoah Downs to the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs. But Jim Miller is on track to make that journey with his 3-year-old filly Aurelia's Belle.
A West Virginia legislator whose district includes Charles Town Races & Slots is advocating a plan to enlarge the racing surface and, if necessary, renovate dilapidated Shenandoah Downs and race there during the down time--or perhaps permanently.
A long-awaited proposal for the expansion of the racing surface at Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia will be circulated to horsemen, some of which have expressed concerns over the plan.
Management and horsemen at Charles Town Races are discussing plans to expand the six-furlong racing surface and perhaps hold races at neighboring Shenandoah Downs during the upgrade.
Most Popular Stories
- Terranovas Seek Derby Success With El Kabeir
- Sherman: Ascot Could Be Rough on 'Chrome'
- U.S. Alleges Conspiracy at Penn National
- Luck of the Kitten Starts '15 in Transylvania
- California Chrome Headed to Royal Ascot
- El Kabeir Fires Bullet Work at Belmont
- Keeneland Plans Wide Live Broadcast Coverage
- Is Mubtaahij a Major Derby Contender?
- ROAP Seeks Regulation of 'Program Trainers'
- Untapable Heads Asmussen Workers at Oaklawn