It's a long way from 3 1/2-furlong races for $1,500 claimers at Shenandoah Downs to the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs. But Jim Miller is on track to make that journey with his 3-year-old filly Aurelia's Belle.
A West Virginia legislator whose district includes Charles Town Races & Slots is advocating a plan to enlarge the racing surface and, if necessary, renovate dilapidated Shenandoah Downs and race there during the down time--or perhaps permanently.
A long-awaited proposal for the expansion of the racing surface at Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia will be circulated to horsemen, some of which have expressed concerns over the plan.
Management and horsemen at Charles Town Races are discussing plans to expand the six-furlong racing surface and perhaps hold races at neighboring Shenandoah Downs during the upgrade.
Most Popular Stories
- Weanling Daughter of Champion Zenyatta Dies
- Longform: Long Live the Queen
- For Joe Rocco Jr., It's All About the Horse
- Sire Tapit Closing in on Record Season
- Aktabantay Knocked Out of BC Juvenile Turf
- Santa Anita Confident in New Dirt Surface
- Asmussen Aims to Make Untapable Feel at Home
- Top Decile Under Radar for Juvenile Fillies
- Northern Cal Trainers On Cup's Center Stage
- TimeformUS Breeders' Cup Preview: Distaff