It's a long way from 3 1/2-furlong races for $1,500 claimers at Shenandoah Downs to the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) at Churchill Downs. But Jim Miller is on track to make that journey with his 3-year-old filly Aurelia's Belle.
A West Virginia legislator whose district includes Charles Town Races & Slots is advocating a plan to enlarge the racing surface and, if necessary, renovate dilapidated Shenandoah Downs and race there during the down time--or perhaps permanently.
A long-awaited proposal for the expansion of the racing surface at Charles Town Races & Slots in West Virginia will be circulated to horsemen, some of which have expressed concerns over the plan.
Management and horsemen at Charles Town Races are discussing plans to expand the six-furlong racing surface and perhaps hold races at neighboring Shenandoah Downs during the upgrade.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000
- Record Stakes Purses Set for Oaklawn Park
- Grade I Producer Garden Secrets Dies
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- City of Hope Designated Breeder's Cup Charity