When Shelley Hunter was asked by officials at the Kentucky Horse Park to create a sculpture of legendary racehorse John Henry earlier this year, she not only felt honored, but a strong sense of karma.
The American Academy of Equine Art, based at the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington, is offering 13 workshops by full members from June-Oct.
The American Academy of Equine Art will hold its 2006 Fall Open Juried Exhibition at the William G. Kenton Gallery of the International Museum of the Horse at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. The show will open with an artists' reception Sept. 22, from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., and will run through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Owner Borislow Dies at Age 52
- Jerkens Aims for 'Wicked Strong' Saratoga
- Adena Springs' Roberts Returns to Training
- War Chant to Remain at Yarradale in Australia
- The Dirt On Synthetics Timeline
- Thoroughbred Club to Honor Veterinarians
- Encouraging Starts to Saratoga, Del Mar Meets
- What's Going On Here: Keeping the Promise
- Commanding Curve Entered in Curlin Stakes
- The Week in Photos for 7/22/2014