When Shelley Hunter was asked by officials at the Kentucky Horse Park to create a sculpture of legendary racehorse John Henry earlier this year, she not only felt honored, but a strong sense of karma.
The American Academy of Equine Art, based at the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington, is offering 13 workshops by full members from June-Oct.
The American Academy of Equine Art will hold its 2006 Fall Open Juried Exhibition at the William G. Kenton Gallery of the International Museum of the Horse at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. The show will open with an artists' reception Sept. 22, from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., and will run through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- San Pablo's First Winner Scores at Finger Lakes
- Anthony's Cross Gets First Winner in Indiana