When Shelley Hunter was asked by officials at the Kentucky Horse Park to create a sculpture of legendary racehorse John Henry earlier this year, she not only felt honored, but a strong sense of karma.
The American Academy of Equine Art, based at the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington, is offering 13 workshops by full members from June-Oct.
The American Academy of Equine Art will hold its 2006 Fall Open Juried Exhibition at the William G. Kenton Gallery of the International Museum of the Horse at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. The show will open with an artists' reception Sept. 22, from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., and will run through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham
- Twisted Tom Works Toward Belmont Stakes
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Souper Tapit Gets Graded Score in Marine Stakes
- Galileo, Coolmore Dominate European Classics
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner