When Shelley Hunter was asked by officials at the Kentucky Horse Park to create a sculpture of legendary racehorse John Henry earlier this year, she not only felt honored, but a strong sense of karma.
The American Academy of Equine Art, based at the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington, is offering 13 workshops by full members from June-Oct.
The American Academy of Equine Art will hold its 2006 Fall Open Juried Exhibition at the William G. Kenton Gallery of the International Museum of the Horse at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. The show will open with an artists' reception Sept. 22, from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., and will run through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Look Back: Master Derby Wins Louisiana Derby
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success