When Shelley Hunter was asked by officials at the Kentucky Horse Park to create a sculpture of legendary racehorse John Henry earlier this year, she not only felt honored, but a strong sense of karma.
The American Academy of Equine Art, based at the Kentucky Horse Park near Lexington, is offering 13 workshops by full members from June-Oct.
The American Academy of Equine Art will hold its 2006 Fall Open Juried Exhibition at the William G. Kenton Gallery of the International Museum of the Horse at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. The show will open with an artists' reception Sept. 22, from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m., and will run through Oct. 31.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Game On Dude, Won Three Big 'Caps, Retired
- Top 3-Year-Old Fillies to Battle in Cotillion
- Ricardo Beats Baze in Champions Challenge
- Brockton Fair Invites Suffolk Downs Horsemen
- Keeneland September continues steady progress
- MGC Offers Help for Displaced Suffolk Workers
- Top Stallion Street Cry Dead at Age 16
- Kandaly, 1994 Louisiana Derby Winner, Dies
- 2013 Breeding Activity Statistics Released